Black Spirituality Religion : For Muslims or Any Other Non Christian Faith--An Honest Question

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Apr 2, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Understand that this is an honest question. I'm not challenging you. I really want to hear from you.

All of the explanations about the phenomenon we see in this world, i.e. the tsumami, the World Trade Center, and the questions we ask about why God allows such things to happen has come from Christians defending the name of Jehovah. Some of these answers are satisfactory and some just raise more questions.

In your world view Allah rules the universe. In that woeld view what is the role that Allah plays in world events? What would your response be if He were the focus of questions about why these things happen?

Again, this is not a challenge--just a question.

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I'm not a Muslim or a Christian -- in fact, I'm not much of anything, but I'll answer your question because I still believe in God.

I agree with the religious notion that a God of some form rules the universe. However, I believe that He/She created the world in such a way that it can function on its own, similar to how man creates a watch or a computer. The earth is a self-functioning entity; God does not need to be directly involved in maintaining His/Her creation, though I believe He/She does from time to time.

As far as world events, no, God is not directly responsible, just like the creator of a watch is not directly responsible if it stops working because you broke it, or the builder of a computer is not responsible if it stops functioning because it got a virus. God has given us free will which helps control the outcome of both our lives and on some level the life of earth.

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Thanks Karmashines. I aappreciate your answer.

I hope others will feel free to share also.

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I tend to agree with what Karmashines says about the role of the Creator. She/He set in motion fundamental laws in nature, namely what goes around must come around.

However I do believe in divine intervention, not in the sense that the creator is somewhere up above looking down on events on the physical plain, then decides She/he has had enough and comes on the scene to set things straight.

My overstanding of divine intervention is what I call attraction fixation, the creator intervenes, after the "initiate" raises the seed/conciousness to an exalted state.

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I've past through this post about three times without replying.

I Know the creator is in everything but never really consider the world view. Now that I have, I see the creator as a mother watching over her children. I remember my mother telling me not to do certain things, but I didn't listen. So, when I found myself in a predicament that was way over my head, she would say, you made your bed hard, no lay in it. Although she was hurting and wanted to protect me, she stood by me and watched me learn my lesson the hard way. She did this with all seven of us. Sometimes we didn't get it the first time and repeated the process. Eventually we would get it right, She hoped. I see the Creator as a mother, teaching us the fundamentals of cause and effect. The Creator left messages of what would happen if we didn't change our ways. Well, guess what, the majority of us are not listenening still.

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Sekhemu and Purple moons,

Thanks

Sekhemu. can you explain a little clearer how what you saidf about the initiate and the exalted state are connected to my question.

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

MY overstanding of the role of the creator in world affairs is that the creator is in everything in nature. What ever the world does as a whole or in part, good or bad, will come back the same or in similar fashion.

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    My honest response would be, that ALLAH/GOD/JEHOVAH (insert whatever name you worship here) had nothing to do with that event--at least not in the immediate sense.

We need to start blaming the TRUE CULPRITS for many of these atrocities that take place in this world, and stop blaming "GOD" for everything that happens (good and bad).

The universe does not work that way. All the components are in place, and always have been......."GOD" is just the referee.

HOTEPU

10. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19