Black People : For many businesses...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by N2urSoul, Feb 18, 2002.

1. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's very difficult to establish diversity.
    In other companies, it's easier to "show" what I consider surface diversity where the front line workers appear to be the only ones who are somewhat 'diverse'.... however, there is really a lack of diversity higher up or that it is not truly woven into the stream of upper, middle, and senior levels of management....

I think in some instances it's not only that you have to introduce "diversity" to front line staff...but rather, to take diversity & training straight up the ladder first to orient the "decision makers" such as HR Managers, Directors, Executives, and other hiring authorities....

I believe it is easier to get the front line staff to respond to diversity in many cases... however, it is harder to keep the issues surrounding diversity a "top priority" when re-hiring new employees etc. because in many cases - front line staff do not make direct hires into the company.... again, this establishes the basis for my reasoning that in order for diversity to take hold and stick.... one must start with the "higher ups" (i.e. decision makers) and get them bought into , trained into, and keep them aware of issues surrouding diversity.... Thus, I think diversity training should be something that companies facilitate within perhaps a couple of times per year ....

What cha'll think? How are issues surrounding Diversity &/or Diversity Training offered at your place of business?

:heart: N2

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    u have a point as well da answer indeed ya right it's no
    secret ..

3. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    $$RICH$$ I'm lookin' for some substance here....... I see where you agree.....but the question still stands....

What are some of the ways Diversity/Diversity Training is being managed in others' workplaces??

N2