Black Poetry : For Joyce......The Autumn Of My Life

epiphany

REGISTERED MEMBER
Joyce, we must have been on the same page lately,
I wrote this poem thinking of yesteryears and I would like to dedicate it you.........for your birthday....

Autumn Of My Life

In the autumn of my life
content in my wisdom
I look back in my summer years
contemplating change that
brought me here
would I do some things different
would I transform whom I've become
would my life have new meaning
If I could go back and eliminate
various outcomes
and even farther still
in my solstice spring
the innocence of
my youth
when time was no matter
approaching adulthood
I hasten to quicken the route
in all these years of times past
I've grown in many ways
every experience
every lesson
has made me who I am
so in the autumn of my life
I don't regret what I haven't done
but I rejoice in what I have
and what is yet to come

Epiphany(C)2001

Dear Sister,

I agree, this is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTFUL. It does seem as if Joyce throws her work right out at you, just when you need it.:)

It puts me in the mind of looking through family photos, remembering and smiling at all the wonderful times in our lives.....and you know the suitcase full of photos Dad and Mom has. I'm still trying to steal some :devil: :laugh:

Love you:love:
CCBSKYN

Epiphany

You have pondered the trails of my life and come forth a light of hope, thru this poem. As I was reading, I soul was quietly saying...yes, yes and yes. Tears burned my eyes but I would not let them fall become of my daughter who was in my presence at the time of my reading.

Thank you so much. I have been fighting the what ifs the coulda woulda's off and on for also most 2 years, concerning my children and other things.
I was soaked in attitudes of I wish I had or hadn't made this or that decision. It's poems like this that help me and others like me to go on to a higher level in Christ...life more abundantly.

Thank You So Much.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back