Quiet Poetry Lounge : For James Michael

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by ShadeeLadee, Nov 4, 2002.

1. ShadeeLadee

ShadeeLadee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I don’t miss you much
    sometimes I don’t miss at all
    no footsteps in the night
    coming down the hall

I don’t much care anymore
    and most times I don’t feel
    the aching in my arms
    the loss of what was real

but I found out it doesn’t
    mean that we didn’t mean
    anything

it’s just the only way I can
    move on is to cope with
    my suffering

no, I don’t much care
    for missing you…

at all

Shade

2. Gaylee

Gaylee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Shade, I am so feeling you on your poem. Yes you can cope by feeling that it was something, but not the something you really need. Keep feeling your pain until is does end, and then you can move on to the SOMETHING BETTER, that you deserve. It will come, when you are clear in your heart and mind about all that you are, which is so lovely and bright. When you are at peace with yourself, then the right something ( true love) will come, then you will see it clearly. :) Very nice piece.

3. ShadeeLadee

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I could speak

like this, calm and collected, TO him. :) But he gets my temperature up and I see red! You are so right, Miss Gay... so right, it's just hard to be patient. Now, I just focus on my little guys and don't worry very much about daddies or any other men. I'm so glad to have you and precious others who have life experiences to teach & support me and give me an ear when I need it. Believe it or not, lately, I've been taking good advice more than people think. :)

You are a special lady. Stay blessing!

:heart:

Shade

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well speaking within da mind yet the tongue speaks
    sometyme things be dis way i'm feel ya deep

5. Gaylee

Gaylee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Shade, I know about the red, spent a day in that color yesterday. Age helps you stay JUST A SMIDGE calmer then you expect to be. LOL

But know this girlfriend, that those who know and love you, know that you will always be trying to do what's best for those boys and YOU. It just takes time to know what that is sometimes. So look into yourself, be kind to yourself and you will see. Have faith in yourself, we all do. Know you are VERY Special too, and also feel all the HUGS with all this good advice. Ok, I am done, (LOL) you can get on with your life now. :) :heart:

6. ShadeeLadee

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you

Rich, for feeling what I'm saying. You are always so attentive and sweet.

Miss Gay, I was the color blue when I wrote this poem. I really try not to stay in that mode for too long. I have a time limit, but sometimes I get comfortable in it, you know? :laugh: And I see what you mean about "maturity" making a difference. I admire women who have been there, done that, and maintain a type of poise and grace about themselves that can't be denied. I know I deserve better and I'm a fighter, especially now that I have children. It's a struggle, but I still thank God He gave me sons. Don't know what I'd do with girls!!!!! :) (I know, I'd give one to you and one to mom)

Oh ****, this got long. I forgot where I was. (but you seem to do that to people!) I'll be coming around for the full couch session very soon! :heart:

Shade