Health and Wellness : For Father's Day June 19th

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Liberty, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    [​IMG]

Happy Father's Day everyone!

We have a small request to make from all the dads out there.

It’s no secret that women are much more “into” nutrition and diet than men are. Fooducate stats support this. This blog is read by a 60-70% female audience. Our mobile app user profile is 75% female. Another interesting stat – 97% of registered dietitians are women!

Why is this a problem?

Read more

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=post&id=575C7A9C-2D06-5B88-41EE-B083BD2D39AA

Lose weight & improve your health with a real food diet | Fooducate

Fooducate is your healthy diet toolbox. Eat Better. Lose Weight. Get Healthy. Available for iPhone, Android, and online.
    fooducate.com

2. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    The thanks I get, for showing some love.....

LOL

3. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
  4. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +314
  5. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292

Because the fathers are role models for the future fathers.

AND, y'all show us love by reminding us about AA women's obesity rates all the time, and we just take it all in. I assumed it was coming from a loving place...

6. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292

5 Reasons Women Live Longer Than Men

[​IMG]

Life expectancy in the U.S. is at an all-time high, according to a report released last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). And while the news that we’re living, on average, to the ripe old age of 78 years and 9 ½ months isn’t that surprising, there is one stat that is: A girl born in 2012 can expect to live to 81.2 years—almost 5 years longer than a boy baby born the same year, who’s likely live to age 76.4. Weaker sex, indeed.

“Men are biologically and sociologically at a disadvantage from the time they’re conceived to the time they die,” says Marianne Legato, MD, professor emerita of clinical medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and founder and director of the Foundation for Gender-Specific Medicine. Here’s why:

Read more

http://news.health.com/2014/10/13/why-do-women-live-longer-than-men/

5 Reasons Women Live Longer Than Men

U.S. life expectancy is at an all-time high, according a new report. Why are men falling behind?
    health.com

7. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +314
    It is misandry pure and simple.

I've read their list and a lot is missing from it. What is missing is anything to support your first post about Nutrition. You need evidence that supports your post about Nutrition, not evidence that talks about disparities in lifespans. Also, keep in mind that you are using information that is not filtered to show the differences between various ethnicities (at the very least ours).

8. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    The first post supports itself. AA women outlive AA men as well.

9. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +314

The post is based on data use of a mobile application. It is not separated out by ethnicities, nor does it use any data concerning obesity rates that would indicate whether healthy eating habits are actually being followed or not. So no, the first post does not support itself.

Second, all men live shorter lifespans than women. That does not have anything to do with was suppose to be your original point of making this post. Are you unable to actually support your initial assertions, are are you now forced to open up a different discussion?

Last, you could have shown your love by thinking Black Fathers for the good things they have done. Instead you choose to use a link that admonishes Fathers for not doing what they perceive Mothers are doing (Using their mobile app to help with Nutrition guidelines). That is not showing love, that is showing your misandric tendencies. Like I have implied before, showing love for Fathers on Fathers' Day would be showing thanks for the love and support Fathers give to their children, like you would do for Mothers' if it was Mothers' Day.

10. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    You know what? Maybe I shouldn't have posted this. It was a mistake. But, I don't have any "misandric tendencies", by far. I regularly post the daily tips from Fooducate.com, and so I posted this one. It was a bad idea. I am sorry for all you Dads that were offended by it.