Amun-Ra : Foot Gene Isolated!!

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Tuskegee, AL--After 20 years of research, Tuskegee Institute scientists have isolated a gene that causes some African American females’ feet to secrete a powerful enzyme that causes shrinkage.

The gene, isolated by Dr. Otis T. Bunyon Jr., causes the foot to secrete an enzyme called “runovertin” which interacts with chemical compounds in the shoes that women wear. It is especially potent when in contact with sandals of any kind.

“An excess of runovertin can actually make shoes shrink,” Dr. Bunyon said. The gene is most prevalent in African American women who wear sandals. Scientists said the combination of hot summer air and the “runovertin” enzyme can actually make sandals shrink as much as two to three sizes and give the appearance that a woman has bought the wrong shoes size.

Dr. Bunyon said the effects of the disease are easily identifiable. Most cases are characterized by “drape over” which is identified as portions of foot that hang over the edge of the sandal. In most cases, the enzyme causes shrinkage that makes the heel stick out over the edge of a sandal as much as one to two inches. The chemical reaction produced by the enzyme and the leather can also cause frontal shrinkage of shoes leather and make it appear as if a woman’s toes are hanging over the front of her sandals, but in actuality it is the affect of the chemical reaction which causes the shoes to shrink.

The enzyme can also cause “runover” where the edge of the foot “runs over” or “spills out” from the edge of the sandal. Although the disease is not fatal or even painful, it can be embarrassing by making it seem a woman can’t find a pair of sandals to fit when in reality it is the chemical reaction of the enzyme with the chemical components of the sandal that are really the culprit. The enzyme also causes excessive “shoe tow” which is characterized by a loud slapping noise as the shrinkage makes the sandal “slap” the pavement in an elongated dragging or slipping sound.

In a side note, Dr. Bunyon said that the gene is also responsible for what is commonly known as “black toe,” which is characterized by a “little nasty, shriveled up toe with not enough nail to paint”. Bunyon said now that the gene has been identified, he and his team of scientists at Tuskegee Institute would seek a remedy for what is being called “sandalfoot.” If Dr. Bunyon is successful, he will have single-handedly removed blight on malls all over the country.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    str8 smooveeeee!!!

man this top the chart fo sho
    i loved it gotta go read again!
    thank u brutha and welcome back home ya been missed!

3. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Had to Do it!

This one comes out every summer and I am glad that someone is going to do something about it--Ra

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    likewise !

i'll be watching it close

5. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    AMUN!!!

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!! This has been a travesty for years....Sometimes I hate the summer because that's when the feet come out, but now I know that at least there is a scientific explanation to why some of these women feet looked JACKED UP!!!

6. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    okay now you have done it...you have me over here losin my mind. Dr. Bunyon better hurry up cuz' i hear there's another disease called "ASHYtis" which is a geneitc defect in most african americans who use lotion. it seems that the more they use the drier their skin becomes... Dr. V. A. Seline from the Center for Dry Skin has provided a study of healthy adults who have been seen wearing large doses of baby powder in order to prevent this disease from speading...

7. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    There is a Cure!

I have the info on this one--I'll try to get it out soon--It just came in from the C & D Company (Chalk and Dust)--Ra ;)

8. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    please hurry...the disease is spreading.

9. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    'fraid i have to agree with Kemi...

somebody check Amun Ra's and dnommo's temperatures...i think they might be in dire need of ........................ a little som'em som'em coz they be halucinat'n up in hea.:) let it flow, my bruthaz. and keep dem CURE ALLs coming.

10. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have U Ever?

Have you ever seen a size 10 ashy foot sitting on a size 7 sandal? It ain't a pretty sight, especially if they got that little nasty crinkle toe sitting out there on the side--mercy!!!!! Y'all know what I'm talking about--don't pretend you ain't seen it--it's there--toes scraping the pavement--hangovers ain't only for drinking--there be some serious toes all over tyhe edge of the shoes and then the back end look like a hotdog stickin' out of the bun--about two inches of heel just sittin' there askin' for an emory board---moicy--And she says to me, do I want to rub her feet--hell no--but if she don't mind she could help me sandpaper this paint off of my desk--Mamma always said to check they toes and to be especially wary of that little shrunk up, shriveled up, gnarled, bent, shrunken, no toe-nail havin' little toe--We got a cure and now we got to use it, according to Miss Dupree--Amun-Ra