Black People Politics : Food Stamps Cuts: Michelle Obama Spends The SNAP Money On Healthy School Lunches

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
Food stamp cuts are on everyone’s mind, and we’re all trying not to think about how Michelle Obama’s Child Nutrtion Act has had something to do with it.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, the food stamp cuts have been a source of much debate recently.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), known more commonly as “food stamps” is on the cutting block, with the cuts taking effect today.

In 2010, President Obama openly admitted he would have to take funding out of SNAP to roll out the new Child Nutrition Act, sponsored by Michelle Obama, and even commented on the bills popularity:
“Some of the funding comes from rolling back temporary increase in food stamp benefits or SNAP as it’s now called, starting in the fall of 2013. I know a number of members of Congress have expressed concerns of this offset, being included in the bill and I’m committed to working with them to restore these funds in the future.”​
It was a move that lost him quite a bit of Democratic support, with many including Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-CT, calling the president out:
“I did not want to do that. These were bad choices to make.”​
Obama promised negotiation for more funding with Congress for SNAP, which now seems more than a little unlikely. As the food stamp cuts take effect, many are unhappy with the president’s decision. Some question the partiality of the president signing a bill that would cut $40 billion from the SNAP program, in exchange for giving a little under $10 billion to the Child Nutrition Act.

Though passed in 2009, the food stamp cuts weren’t going to take place until today. Because of Michelle Obama’s Child Nutrition Act, funding that might have gone to bolster already low SNAP benefits, will instead be going to the Child Nutrition programs.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1015832/food-stamp-cuts-michelle-obama-spends-the-money-on-healthy-school-lunches/#6kYDp8M64CMRSs9J.99

I can't tell you how sick I am of this "healthy" stuff that is being shoved down our throats. Let me decide what I want for my family and myself. I've always thought that it's not What you eat, but How you eat. It's the extremes and the lifestyles that are unhealthy, not the foods themselves.
I got nothing against funding the program, but not at the expense of another one. All Washington has to do is stop wasting money to study things like cow farts, and stop trying to line their own pockets with money they steal from the citizens, and they'll have money left over.

I can't tell you how sick I am of this "healthy" stuff that is being shoved down our throats. Let me decide what I want for my family and myself. I've always thought that it's not What you eat, but How you eat. It's the extremes and the lifestyles that are unhealthy, not the foods themselves.
I got nothing against funding the program, but not at the expense of another one. All Washington has to do is stop wasting money to study things like cow farts, and stop trying to line their own pockets with money they steal from the citizens, and they'll have money left over.
you have a great point

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back