Black People : Floods in Louisiana!

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Prayers and well wishes to all who may be affected by the floods in Louisiana, particularly, Baton Rouge. How much more can that state take? Let's hope rescue efforts are better handled this time by FEMA than they were during Hurricane Katrina.

Prayers and well wishes to all who may be affected by the floods in Louisiana, particularly, Baton Rouge. How much more can that state take? Let's hope rescue efforts are better handled this time by FEMA than they were during Hurricane Katrina.

The whole world sat and watched in horror the "no help and slow response" to the victims of Katrina 11 years ago. With all the bad publicity that was heaped on first responders back then and the even more horrible image of white racists in Louisiana, I don't think they want that type of reputation on their heads again.

My prayers go to residents of the flood areas.
We should try to make an effort to understand how global warming is creating these monstrous storms events
Global warming is real and it is creating extreme weather events that is affecting the lives millions around the world.

I'm a little disappointed in President Obama for not acting sooner, regardless of whether it's political props or ploy or not to visit Louisiana.

And I wish he hadn't described presidential visits like that, although it may be true. Still, people who are suffering and in trouble want to believe that their political leaders really do care about them as people and not just voters.

Does he deserve a vacation? Sure he does but let's face it, his job is just a tad bit different than anyone else's in this country. He must respond to any call of duty at any time.

President Obama heavily criticized G. W. Bush for waiting until a week after Hurricane Katrina demolished N.O. before he visited. He's sounding like a hypocrite. And now the spin is, thanks to Hillary, that they aren't visiting now because they don't want to be a DISTRACTION? Wow...they really do think American people are stupid.

I don't know, it's such a simple thing to do and it would mean a lot in terms of raising people's spirits in such a crisis where people have died and lost everything they own. Yes, FEMA is there and someone else from his administration but nothing says it louder that "WE CARE" than the face of our president and what will it cost him for a brief visit? At least that's how I feel and it will impact how people vote in November. . . :bye:

Yes, you're right. Comparing Obama to Bush isn't fair. Bush is a nitwit as evidenced by his behavior when he attended the Dallas police memorial.

I guess because he's Black, I have higher expectations of Obama than any previous POTUS because I desperately want to believe that we, as a people, are different in a good way. I'm sure he has good reasons for doing it his way, and if not, he'll make it sound like he does. Bless his heart.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back