Black Relationships : Flirting while in a relationship

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Qatavia, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Qatavia

Qatavia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Am I the only one who has ever been hit on by someone who you know is in a relationship? I was at the mall a few weeks back and was at the piercing stand with my friend picking up something for her brother and this couple came over who had children and the man was about 26 or 27 and while his girlfriend or wife was getting rung up and my friend was waiting to be I was on the other side looking at some cool jewelry and he comes over to me and was asking how old I was and was totally flirting with me and I was absolutely disgusted knowing that his girlfriend or wife was on the other side of the stand not knowing what he was doing while they were out together I of course walked away. How do you handle these akward situation

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    You already did.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Both married and involved men flirt with me all the time. I'm not flattered by it because I'm sure they do it to every one. The thing is: I don't make too much eye contact in public unless I'm holding conversation with you or just "looking at your eyes". I hate it when the wife/gf pulls from around the corner and looks at you like you initiated the convo. If they do it in their wife's presence just to spite her (which is often the case) I just tell him: "Don't flirt with me while your woman is standing there!". Then I turn and give her a compliment and wish them a good day.

Now I am not a super-saver of relationships, but I don't know where people think they can just "up & diss" their s/o: Do you know how embarrassing that is for your man to openly flirt with a woman who isn't even on your level, while in your presence?? Gee willikers:look:

As far as handling it, if I were you, I would have ignored him. LOL. Chances are his wife KNEW what he was doing, and played like she didn't know, just to save face. That is totally embarrassing.

Peace