Black People Politics : Flint Water Crisis and Gov. Snyder - Michigan - Taps Restored

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
So tell me this. If a government official is found GUILTY of breaking a law(s) or committing a crime, resulting in jail time, can taxpayers get their money back, or no? Citizens are the "victims" in these cases so who defends them? Do they have to take the issue up in a civil lawsuit whereby they have to pay for legal representation?

Here's another question I don't know the answer to. Congress is always holding hearings and calling people in to testify about a situation that occurred. What power does Congress have when testimonies are given? Change laws? They're not the judicial branch of government so what's the real benefit of having congressional hearings?
Congress has the authority to subpoena anybody and anyone failing, refusing or otherwise not following the orders of a Congressional Subcommittee can be held in contempt of Congress. Any Congressional request for a bill of indictment would be handled by DOJ and forwarded to the U.S. Attorney General's Office.The only parties presently immune from this order would be the standing President of the United States with the aid of White House Counsel citing Executive Privilege.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Congress has the authority to subpoena anybody and anyone failing, refusing or otherwise not following the orders of a Congressional Subcommittee can be held in contempt of Congress. Any Congressional request for a bill of indictment would be handled by DOJ and forwarded to the U.S. Attorney General's Office.The only parties presently immune from this order would be the standing President of the United States with the aid of White House Counsel citing Executive Privilege.
In light of the issues now between Congress and the DOJ and the AG post-Mueller report, let's just marinate on this...:thinking:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Supreme Court allows Flint resident to sue officials involved in water crisis

Chris Riotta
The Independent

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: