Black Relationships : Flat or Round

cursed heart said:
No it doesn't!
I have a friend who eats fast food for breakfast,three kids,smokes cigs and weed and drinks regulary with a flat stomach
that is neither toned nor healthy!
By the way morning brothers:smooch:

True indeed.

As a person that works out myself, I can definitely tell you that a flat stomach is not a clear indicator of good health. Good health is an internal phenomenon, not external.

Besides, this whole "flat stomach" obsession is clearly Western in origin; in African society, a rounder person is seen as being prosperous and living well.

Good morning to you too, Sister.

As for what I like:

Radical Faith said:
Round is fine. Beside women are suppose to have curves. Curves are round aren't they?

True indeed.

I don't mind the little "pooch" (as some Caribbean sisters refer to it), so long as it's not excessive.

Also, in addition to women having curves, she should also be soft. As someone who works out myself, I have to say that a flat stomach usually infers that toned muscular look on a woman, which I don't find attractive.

A woman should never have a hard body. That's what a man should be like.

PEACE

river said:
Brothas you know sistas spend a lot of time and agony trying to get a flat tummy. However, I get the feeling that you guys prefer a slightly rounded tummy. I'm not talking aout a woman who has to put on her belt with a boomerang, Just a nice little cushion. What do you say? Are sistas worrying themselves for nothing trying to lose those last ten or fifteen pounds?

Sister River, I'm gone ruin my rep, and be superficial hereLOL! But I prefer that a sister have minimal fat around her stomach because that's been linked to DIABETES... It's about her health, not the aesthetics of it... Remember, I'm the one who thinks stretch marks are honorable...

BTW, Brothers could use some serious excercise as well... WE aren't immune to DIABETES, either...

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
Sister River, I'm gone ruin my rep, and be superficial hereLOL! But I prefer that a sister have minimal fat around her stomach because that's been linked to DIABETES... It's about her health, not the aesthetics of it... Remember, I'm the one who thinks stretch marks are honorable...

BTW, Brothers could use some serious excercise as well... WE aren't immune to DIABETES, either...

Peace!
Isaiah
Brother Isaiah, like I said I'm not talking abot a woman who looks like she swallowed the biggest bowling ball in the alley. But just those last ten or fifteen pounds that many sistas feel so embarassed about and try so hard to lose.

river said:
Brother Isaiah, like I said I'm not talking abot a woman who looks like she swallowed the biggest bowling ball in the alley. But just those last ten or fifteen pounds that many sistas feel so embarassed about and try so hard to lose.

O.K., sister River, I dig what you're saying, but I feel that any kind of encouragement can lead to her tryna be the fish that swallowed Pittsburgh... Know how y'all sisters love to eat...LOL!

Nah, but serious, a little stomach is not a problem to me as long as she aint all obsessed and drama-ridden about it... I'm cool as long as sister's cool...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back