Health and Wellness : five-signs-black-man-has-depression

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Also please do post more verifiable sources to back up your personal opinions...

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
http://thegrio.com/2016/10/10/five-signs-black-man-you-love-depression/

At least seven percent of black men will experience severe depression during their lifetime, and their death rates by suicide are twice as high as those of black women, notes therapist Dr. Terrie M. Williams, author of “Black Pain: It Only Looks Like We’re Not Hurting.”

Williams, who is a friend of mine, also points out that black men abuse alcohol more than white men, white women and black women, and are likely to adopt a “who cares” mentality to “guard against the disappointment of dashed hopes and lack of chances of being someone in a culture that at every turn says the color of your skin means you’re inferior, not worthy, or just nothing.”
NEEDED TO BE RE-POSTED

I don't agree many do not feel inferior. It is the programming Bro Orison shares.
There is anger, despair and a willingness from us a Men and Women ( punished because we do know there is a heaven ) to try sometimes to give into cooperation. But when a boot is placed in your neck, like the Nazi did in Jackboots it is totally unacceptable to everyone.

That is what you see across the world Nazi practices are vile, disgusting even to so many.
The World said after WWll No more and yet it still exist.
That is what u see. The allowance and liking by so many just a few to this vile disdain for mankind and true happiness.. we aren't hurting each other all the time, but frustrations and drugs and drink have us twisted real bad.. that is a trick.. drink and drugs .. allowing it to pumped in like candy, on every street corner and a little is OK in moderation to relax, because we are catching hell.. Must know... self destruction is the easy fix to foolishness

These listed issues all added up could be why that is confusing to many . Depression doesn't discriminate.
I here / know folks speaking like there are no issues in mind, parting all the time, not a care in the world, but under that MASK as Paul Lawrence Dunbar a famous Black Poet wrote.. " WE WEAR THE MASK "

We are attempting to show we cry and care about Living..

He is the Grandfather of Ebonics in my opinion..
He wrote in Ebonics so we could enjoy and learn what he was saying..
Maya Angelou grew up on his poetry as many others did..
I grew up reading his poetry, it is both written during a Slavery Times, Hard Jim Crow times and read and cherished as good poetry all across the world.
Accept by our children you want to know History
Get it first hand from his writings and
the 100's of slave narratives that are free to read .. I have a link.
Then bring back what is learned and speak on the truth again

Before the movie twelves years a slave.. A true slave narrative is " Seven Years a slave.. a re-write by Hollywood and they sold our History into the world again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chyko Black Entertainment : "Kobe So Powerful" - Meek Mill Reveals How The Whole Club Started Chanting Deceased Five-time NBA Champion's Name While He Was Performing In The Club Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : Five dead as mobs burn down shops in 'anti-foreigner' riots in Johannesburg South Africa 2
HODEE Black People Politics : US election 2016 results: Five ways a Donald Trump presidency changes the world Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : The five things no one will tell you about why colleges don’t hire more faculty of color Black Education / Schools 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Ohio lawyer may spend five days in jail for wearing a Black Lives Matter pin Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black Entertainment : TOP FIVE Black Entertainment 3
Liberty Law Forum : Five Judges Ruled This Man Innocent. California Wants to Execute Him Anyway Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Education / Schools : New York Teacher Claims She Was Fired For Lessons On The Central Park Five Black Education / Schools 13
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Five Q's for a Christian scholar AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Law Forum : Korey Wise Of “Central Park Five” Donates $190,000 to Help Fight Wrongful Convictions Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Black Phoenix Law Forum : Black Father of Five Jailed & Indicted For Child Murder Despite Police Testimony Stating No Eye.. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Five Forked Tongued Presidents Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : THE TOP FIVE LIST Black Entertainment 0
John Williams Black Spirituality Religion : Five more Bible contracditions Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
jamesfrmphilly Black People : NYC reaches $40M settlement with Central Park Five Black People Open Forum 4
Alarm Clock Black People : Ken Burns: Bill De Blasio Has Agreed To Settle 10-Year-Old Central Park Five Case Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Maccabees and the Fab Five in the NT AACOOLDRE 1
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : Why deos the president need a new war every five minutes? I thought after W we were done with that! Black People Politics 12
KaHotep Black Poetry : onetwo, three-four, five-six.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Asomfwaa Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Five On The Black Hand Side by Keisha Brown Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Hi-Five - I Can't Wait Another Minute - Music Video (1991) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
BlackSunlight Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Central Park Five (A Full Length PBS Documentary) Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : "Five On The Black Hand Side" - 1973 Black Entertainment 7
OldSoul OldSoul : Open Veins of Latin America - Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent OldSoul 0
cherryblossom Black People : The Central Park Five Documentary Black People Open Forum 4
river Black People : Five Year Anniversary Recording Brotha Oldsoul Black People Open Forum 1
macoo Science and Technology : Five of instinct () Science and Technology 28
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five -Beat Street (1984) Black People Open Forum 0
noor100 Black Muslims : The Five Pillars of Islam Islam Study Group 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Dave Brubeck, Take Five Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: The Jackson Five, I want You Back Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Audio Video Web Conferencing : Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five - The Message Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : UNITY Just five easy letters, what's the big deal Black People Open Forum 12
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Hi-Five - kissing game ( I like the way ) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Five Meetings Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Amnat77 Black Spirituality Religion : Five Things Everyone Should Know About The Bible, Believe It or Not Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Chevron Dove Science and Technology : NASA: Huge Telescope detects five Planets circling their Sun [host star]! Science and Technology 3
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : The Five Stairsteps Black Entertainment 4
noor100 Black Muslims : The Five Stages of Life Islam Study Group 1
river Black Women : Five tips for a woman.... Black Women 6
nevar Makeup in Motions....part five Black Health and Wellness 2
A Black Spirituality Religion : A question to Black Muslims/NOI/Five Percenters Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : THREE SIXTY FIVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Keita Kenyatta Black Jokes Humor : Five Reasons Computers Are Female Black Jokes Humor 5
S Black People : African People in America are "FIVE MINUTES AWAY FROM SLAVERY" Black People Open Forum 12
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Are Black Folks Safer Today than We were Five Years Ago, 9-11 :?: Chief Elder Osiris 1
D Black Women : MAN, dont high five ME Black Women 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Appropimately Five Hundred Years Still Not Enough For Some Black Folks Chief Elder Osiris 2
Therious Africa : China unfolds five point agenda for africa All Things Africa 17
O Black Entertainment : favorite by the five royales Black Entertainment 0