Haiti : First to be free from white colonization, have we forgotten Haiti?

I made a post about community development before and it seems to be a moot topic no one is interested in, but lets get real,

every one has a heart, even the guy sleeping on the subway and, before anyone even thinks or even comes out their mouth talking about sending dollars somewhere, that may or may not get somewhere, what exactly is wrong with discussing some concern?

When Malcolm was assasinated at the Audobon Ballroom here in Harlem , he was not economically well off and was in harsh financial situation but hedid have the heart to try to present to the Harlem community collectiveefforts to get all of us out of ecnomic straights

I appreciate your response but there is the personal approach,

and then there is the altruistic and empathic approach that leaves ego out and concentrates on the plight, and suffereing of the masses

What does ego have to do with what i was saying?

Just look at the objective conditions most Black people are living in. What position are Black people within the borders of the united states in to assist others when we are not even assisting ourselves?

What does ego have to do with what i was saying?

Just look at the objective conditions most Black people are living in. What position are Black people within the borders of the united states in to assist others when we are not even assisting ourselves?

As a brother astute in history I am sure you are aware that when folks were enslaved the same excuse was made about freedom.

When freedom was achieved the same excuse as made by folks with nothing but the rags on their backs and the cars of the greates crime in the world engraved in their backs for life, when folks were talking about uniting back then.

When Garvey told poor Black folks in Harlem, who had escaped lynchings in the south and had to deal with fears of eviction, and menial labor, with no benefits,
his vision of Black Nationalism, and self sufficiency

As a brother astute in history I am sure you are aware that when folks were enslaved the same excuse was made about freedom.

When freedom was achieved the same excuse as made by folks with nothing but the rags on their backs and the cars of the greates crime in the world engraved in their backs for life, when folks were talking about uniting back then.

When Garvey told poor Black folks in Harlem, who had escaped lynchings in the south and had to deal with fears of eviction, and menial labor, with no benefits,
his vision of Black Nationalism, and self sufficiency

Im not making excuses. I just dont understand one thing about you. Constantly asking questions then battering down responses as if you know all the answers to the questions you constantly ask.

I dont need a historical rundown on garveyism in the context of modern catastrophies.

I do however appreciate the influence Garvey had on rastafarianism and respect even more the Shashamane community who took Garveyism to the level of repatriation and is building schools in Ethiopia.

Haitians did not run to our aid after Katrina and most of us are not running to Haiti's aid either. Can you honestly say you are doing more than those you raise the questions to? And more than those you openly criticize?

Perhaps you need to revisit the Messenger's teachings concerning our "open enemies" and heed that message.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back