Black Education / Schools : FiRsT TiMe cOlLeGeS sTuDeNtS, HoW iS It gOiNg?

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by peach_so_sweet, Dec 6, 2004.

1. peach_so_sweet

peach_so_sweet Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

TO ALL FRESHMEN IN COLLEGE, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COLLEGE NOW THAT YOU'RE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL? IS IT THE SAME, IS IT HARDER OR IS IT EASIER. AND FOR THOSE WHO'VE BEEN IN COLLEGE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF IT!!!!

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Wow I actually started college almost 12 years ago (January of 1993)! I did not go to college right after I graduated from High School. I tried to work for a few months, but after realizing I wouldn't make money unless I had more skills, I enrolled in Triton College (IL). I remember appreciating college as a fresh start. I wasn't the best student in high school (I did pull my act together too little, too late in my senior year), and college was a new beginning in every sense of the word: New school, new teachers, new people, new classes, new environment, etc! I only took 2 classes in my 1st semester, but I put my all into both! At the end of the semester I earned 2 "A's", which transformed me! In all of my high school career I only earned an "A" in 1 class (my senior year). This encouraged me to continue, and as I took on more classes, I continued to do well!

3. Lynne'

Lynne' Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm a freshman at Morgan State and it's ok. I'd rather go to school out of state, but I have to go where I can afford to go. As far as it being harder...not really. It's just different. I guess rather it's hard or not would depend on your previous education level and your major. My major is architecture/enviornmantal design and so far it's not hard, but its not "eaay" either. It's somewhere in between. I slacked last semester and got 4 B's and 2 C's...so my goal for this semester is to get some A's and no C's. We'll see!