Black Short Stories : First Family of Troy

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by PropheticNsyght, May 29, 2004.

1. PropheticNsyght

PropheticNsyght Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    *This story is done as a collabo between Dior Robynsonne and myself.

The visions passed across her closed eyes vividly. She tossed and turned restlessly. The images began to press in, to crowd her so much that she screamed. Her scream reverberated throughout the room and the old baronial mansion.

Agammemnon Demuchest, her husband sprang up quickly and embraced her.
    "Kassandra! Darlin' it was only a dream! It was only a dream honey. Wake up suga, wake up." He gently shook her while murmuring soft words of endearment.

The tremors ceased and Kassandra Duvalier-Demuchest stared at her husband; her eyes wild and the look of fear intense. Slowly reality and the knowledge of where she was began to set in. She quieted.
    "I'm fine Agammemnon." She replied, her throaty voice, cold and impersonal.

She got out of bed and walked toward the large chaise next to the picture window. She wrapped the black silk housecoat around her arms and sat down. Agammemnon stared at her briefly before rushing to get her a glass of wine or something. He opened the doors to their room and saw his father and mother-in-law standing there, getting ready to knock.

"Is she alright?" Hecuba Duvlaier asked. She was fifty-four years old and as regal and beautiful as she had been in her youth. She was a tall woman of 5'11 ft. with sandy-pecan brown smooth skin absent of any wrinkles. Her dark eyes stared intensely into Agammemnon's light brown ones; and seemed to glow underneath the halo of snow-white hair on her head. This formidable matriarch of the Duvalier family and wife to the 'Lord' of Troy Industries; was someone to know. She ruled with an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Agammemnon nodded, a pained expression crossing his chiseled features briefly. "She's fine mignon." He said. Agammemnon Demuchest was Creole to the bone. The man was very handsome in a rugged way with light green eyes, curly hair and red-brown skin. He stood at 6'2 ft. "She just had another one of her dreams, that’s all." He said rather tiredly.

Hecuba glanced at her husband, Priam Duvalier, who stood regarding both wife and son-in-law intently. Priam had in deed been a fox in his heyday. The man was Cajun with high yellow skin and hazel eyes. He stood at 6'3 ft. and was very attractive. One could have assumed incorrectly that he was in his middle forties when he was in fact sixty-seven years old. He spoke in his deep baritone.

"Just another one of her dreams eh?" He asked. "Agammemnon this has been going on too long. Too long!" He said in a resigned but firm manner. "It is time for something to be done that should have been done sometime ago." He said.

Hecuba stepped close to him, her brow furrowed with worry and fear. "Priam, no we can't..." Priam silenced her with a look.
    "It is time to face facts Hecuba. Our daughter is crazy! Purely and simply! This thing with these dreams, or visions, prophesies or whatever this nonsense is has been going on since Kassandra was twelve years old! I said it then and i'm saying it now, something has to be done with her now. Soon she will be a danger to herself and others, plus I cannot live with her being a constant..."

His words were silenced by the opening of the bedroom doors as Kassandra stepped outside. She was clothed from head to toe in all black. Kassandra Duvalier-Demuchest was a very regal and striking beauty. This woman wore gorgeous like a second skin. She was tall of course, inheriting her height from her father with her mother's skin hue, that was more of cocoa brown. Her eyes were strikingly black with violet highlights. Her hair was a weird, but vivid color of red. Her lips were full and sensual and everything about her spoke volumes of dark mystery; about as dark as her velvety deep voice. "You can't live with me being a constant what father?" She spoke in a deadly calm voice. "Oh...a constant embarrassment to you? and this fine old name." She stood glaring at her father who seemed unable to speak.

She chuckled throatily and began walking toward the wide staircase. Her father recovered quickly. "I didn't mean it that way Kassandra!" He said frantically. "I'm sure you didn't father." Kassandra replied sarcastically. "And I will not be sent to that sanitarium father." She continued walking gracefully down the central staircase and toward the front double doors.

There was silence over the three left standing upstairs; the only sound that filled the silence was the closing of the large double front doors.

Hecuba glanced at Priam who's face seemed frozen in semi-shock. Agammemnon wore the pained expression on his face and saying nothing went back into his rooms, locking the doors. Hecuba walked toward Priam and gently took his hand. "Mon cher, let us be off to sleep. You know you have to get up early tomorrow." He stared at her silently and nodded. They entered their rooms and she spoke again. "Are you alright Priam?" He glanced at her briefly. "I'm fine mignon. Let us get some sleep. We shall deal with this tomorrow." Hecuba knew better than to press the issue, so she climbed into the bed and cuddled against the solid frame of her husband. For the time being both of their troubled minds embraced sleep fitfully.

~TBC~

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very tyte story bring on part 2

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Yes you build the suspense masterfully and now I want to know what's going to happen

4. angelicsage

angelicsage Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    you have such a way with imagery...

"an iron fist in a velvet glove"...*awesome*

Somehow, I sense that Kassandra is the apex of this story

and those dreams will unfold to make her father and mother

see her in a very different light...

I will be looking for the next episode...

ok...now, you must tell me...how many times have you been published?

Where can I buy the book?

Or when will it be out? I want the entire collection... :bowdown:

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    u two need to lay on pt.2 i'm waiting .....wow!