Black People Politics : First Black president talks to the Black Caucus about.....Health Care???

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Putney Swope, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    I heard of preaching to the choir but wassup?????

With all the hell Black folks are catching and going through in every city and every state ith institutional racism, holding jobs for whites while we see massive unemployment, while regentrification is running roughshod over our communites and Black folks going into foreclosure or wnding up homeless in record numbers, with crack still ruling theeconomics of our youth and heroin making a comeback

He comes to the Black Cuacus convention to talk about

WHAT???????????

You can't make this stuff up!

2. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    And let's be clear and honest, no one,
    and be clear about this, no one is saying he has to be only about Black issues,
    or he has to only serve us because he is Black,
    but if he can goto AIPAC and tell them promises,
    and goto the G8 and make promises to every nation in the world,

what is wrong with him at least talking about the concerns that Black folks have as American citizens, that pay taxes and that helped put him in office,

and then making clear statements in regards
    to what the federal government can and should do to alleviate some of those ills?

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    President Obama was hanging out with the Brothers and Sisters of Congress

Obama needs the 42 votes from these Current Black Members of the House.
    They support his health care bill, and it was their annual dinner.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i am olde and sick.....

health care is the number one issue to me. i need it.
    do you know any black people who have no or poor health care?
    black people suffer disproportionately from sickness and lack of care.
    i think it is the correct issue for the black caucus. the black community stands to gain from improved health care.

5. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    Can you make a speech to a man with 6 children to try to convince him to accept 6 free scholarships?
    Who does he have to convince about the bill if the Dems have a majority in the House and the Senate?
    Black Caucus are progressive, the bill is progressive, it wasn't no Michael Steele party!!!!!!!!

So they had a Boule' harambee, ate Beluga caviar and ritz ******** with head cheese, sipped Crystal,
    and said
    the grass roots community can get "boats" or "swimming lessons" on thier own ,
    when the economic Katrina comes to flood the Black community?

what are you saying?

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Isn't our peoples overdependence on the public sector's programs a part of the problem for us too?

Many here and there preach unity:

Just how many actually intend to practice it?

So let those who intend to do so truly reach and teach the rest of us how those oh so lofty principles etc. which sustained generations of african folk for generations can truly aid and help us here too...

:fyi:

7. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    Something is not clear

Sure I can understand what you are saying, but it slips from the simple fact that there still is institutional racism in this nation were we as Black folks get 30% of what everyone else gets for thier tax dollar as American citizens.
    Regardless of what a POTUS looks like , one would assume that American citizens whose ancestors were kidnapped from Africa would vote folksinto congress
    who will take care of our concerns, JUST AS ANY OTHER ETHNIC GROUP VOTES IN FOLKS TO TAKE CARE OF THIER CONCERNS.

And when any president regardless of color comes to the pressure group of any ethnic group, who has already endorsed his particular bill or policy, it takes time away from the pressure group voiceing the concerns of their constuency, to make speeches about a bill they already support!

I realy don't understand this concept of as American citizens, because we are Black,

some Black folks think,
    we don't deserve as Malcolm X said
    to have "SOMETHING ON OUR PLATE TOO, WHEN WE COME TO THE DINNER TABLE"

8. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    also it is rather sad to see folks bany about terms like unity without haveing anycontext to the political ramifications of how Black unity is expressed on the local, and national political arena, for instance in the Charter of the Organization of Afro- American Unity,
    Malcolm X stated;

That we should have a national Black agenda to put forth before any candidate running for office and seeking our votes.

He also said we should have a 10 billion dollar lobbying concern, set up in Washington to press OUR agenda and issues.

So I apologize if making suggestions that mite cure the ills of the Black community comes off as preaching to you