Black People Politics : Fire American workers and Hire (India) Indian workers

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Kadijah, May 20, 2013.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Rather than EDUCATE, ie., give scholarships, grants, summer science camps for high schoolers, "forgiving" loans, whatever it takes to increase the number of American students taking computer and other science-related courses, Republicans in the Senate are battling to increase the influx of workers from India. Whereas college students in the U.S. are graduating with NO job prospects and outrageous debt (not to mention black unemployment is twice as high as white), Silicon Valley in Calif. and other high-tech corporations in Utah send recruiters to India Technical Schools where they fight over Indian graduates, giving sign-on bonuses, air fare, housing, etc. to get them to come and work in the U.S.

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    I believe it's called "capitalism" for a reason.

Companies want profits, they don't care where the workers come from. If nobody thinks this is a game, should take notes from here. They need bodies, they don't have time to provide remedial classes.

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    It's not so much Capitalism as racism at its worst evil! When those Indians come to the U.S., they make 3/4ths of what white American workers doing the same job, LEGALLY (oh yea, there's a reason they want them.... BAD!).

Under H1-B visas, they get to work here for something like 4-6 years after which time their "contract" ends and they must leave the country. No ifs, buts or ands. However, should they apply for citizenship during their stay, they will be FIRED! Why? Because those jobs are set-asides SOLELY for foreign (read "Indian") workers. Should they become an American citizen the companies would be required BY LAW to pay them at the same rate as they pay their American workers. Once they're fired, the companies simply send their recruiters back to India and sign up another recent Indian grad.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    my job was lost to india in 2003. they don't have to come here, entire operations have been moved there.

5. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Ok, but I still see money amounts in your reply.

I'm not the devil advocate though. I have no opposition to your point. I'm in agreement.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Yes, there is money in the mix, but in EVERY capitalist venture money is in the mix. Which is why we have laws (child labor, for instance, where a LOT of money was made) to guard against such unbridled greed. The "greed" is what is evil.

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Your job was out-sourced to India. High-tech industries are IN-sourcing Indians to take American jobs. Their rationale? (get ready to laugh, here) "We can't find any Americans (white, included) who can do the jobs." So now the Repubs want to INCREASE the number of technically-educated Indians into the country while they continue to send non-technical jobs out of the country to India.

8. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Side Bar: In construction, you never see Blacks doing those jobs anymore We are getting squeezed out of jobs we used to handled well.

9. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    They pay the mexicans less or get them to do more work for the money. They can't use Black people any more so now they exploit so-called "immigrants". I said so called.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :11100: yes, they are unable to locate those americans who they just laid off….