Black People : Finding Other "Awakened" Black Folks

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kde, Nov 3, 2009.

1. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    I am avoiding the use of "conscious" in my title because it has been poisoned by brothers and sisters who rock locks but jock white folks; those who talk black and sleep white; those who wear message T-shirts but don't read books; those who say Yahushua was black but prey to idols of a white Jesus Christ and so on ...

I am finding, in this stage of life in particular, that the more I know and learn, the more I connect with what I identify as the divinity within and without, the more I feel disconnected from this world and most of its inhabitants whom I encounter - black, white and otherwise.

I have a sincere longing to be in community with other melanated people who are awakened and continue to undergo an awakening, but it is incredibly challenging. I am not sure if it's a matter of my location or circumstances (despite my views, I work in corporate America at a "good" job and live in a white neighborhood in the costliest [which doesn't mean my house is, per se] zip code in the city). I know black people who profess consciousness, but don't live and maneuver consciously (see examples above).

How have you coped with being out of step with the Matrix, within our culture as African-Americans and without in the greater majority society? I am finding it incredibly isolating and looking for some suggestions, insights and views from others.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    This is a profound, weighty matter here. The frustrations you've expressed here are palpable through the screen.

Well, as a Christian, according to some, I may not qualify for the School of the "Awakened/Conscious." Now, I say that with no intended sarcasm, just expressing a common thought.

However, I will say that as a Black person in White America, so many have, in some respect, had to "get in where we fit in" while also, somehow, still maintaining our Blackness.

After Integration, Black Americans voluntarily mingled within the areas of White society which had previously been barred to them and were also involuntarily thrust into areas which many would have preferred to keep to and for ourselves.

So, today, finding a "happy medium" between having to work with/for and, to an extent, also fraternize with White society, leaves the Black American with a duality in his/her life.

So, aside from you moving to another country, one which is largely African populated and centered where you can be around like-minded people, I have no absolutes to offer you....only that we all must find that "do-able" niche from which we can still make a living/support our families and hobbies and interests and also deal with and maneuver within and around the eddies of White America.

Perhaps some others can offer you some more concrete help.

I have read Brother JamesfromPhilly speak of the Ausar Auset Society. Maybe he can give you some info about a nearby Chapter. (I don't know where you live.)

From reading your post here, it sounds like you need a "Cultural Waterhole" to go to for renewal and grounding.

I wish you well.

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Kde, are you a "brother" or a "sister?"

I don't wanna address you incorrectly.

*I have done so many times before*

Oh!.......and another person who may be of assistance to you is Sister TrueToTheCause.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    welcome!

good news and bad news dept: this site can be an outlet for your needs: this site can be damned annoying at times.

i have had exactly the same life experience as you report.
    i have just become more and more of a loner.
    i have made a comfortable home for myself and most days i just stay in it.
    i got a big flat screen HD TV. i got the internet. i got a huge music collection.
    there are days when i do not speak to another human being. nothing to say.

this works for me but it may not work for others.

i'm old and retired and celibate so i got no drive to get out there.
    if you still got hormones popping it may be more difficult.

5. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    The matrix is in full force for a reason---cause MOST people are allowing it to operate as such. My own experience tells me to warn you that you are NOT on a completely alone path---but it is indeed lonely, because others of like mind are often so greatly scattered. Although I'm in close proximity, I even feel distant from family and have wondered if, this mess continues as is, the ties will be maintained at all. I am seeing what's wrong here...SEEING it but don't really know what to do to maneuver around it, and yet know I cannot continue to go along with it. As difficult as it looks right now, I REFUSE to close off potential contact with other like BLACK minds, because I know it is anti-self---which is precisely what our enemies want--for us to forget that not every one among our people will cooperate. THAT is what you must learn to cling to. Continue to strengthen and heal the spirit within as you tune out the fake 'consciousness'. More than anything, don't ever forget that, regardless of appearance, you are NOT alone.

6. Seneb

Seneb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,187
    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:BlakGoddessLioness

KDE,man im with you at 10000000000%,i know how you feel,oh yes!

Again,BlakGoddessLioness :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

7. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    Thank you for the replies. Reading each one was like a virtual hug. :)

I am a sister. I am a mother of two children, ages 5 and 2. I am also married. Thankfully, my home is like haven, too, like brother James shared. And my husband and I are kindred spirits in this life; he, too, feels the sense of isolation (at time desolation) that I do.

In recent years, my social circle has contracted considerably. Of course, some of the contraction has to do with the incredible changes in my status - getting married, becoming a mother of creation. :) However, it's also changed as I have changed, read, studied, prayed, questioned, examined, criticized, etc. A brotherfriend and I agreed that once you've been opened up, you cannot be the happy, go-lucky autobot that so many of us are (black and white). The world looks, feels and smells different.

I don't want to come across like I prejudge people or pigeonhole others; I don't. However, there is something to be said about real connections with real people down for the real deal than superficial socializations with folks you can talk to about pop music, sports and current events from a mainstream (non-critical) perspective.

Are my dreams unrealistic ideals? Like . . . can awakened black people really convene, communicate and commune in real life in this (American) society, esp. for those of us who do not live in one of the country's 10 biggest cities?

I am at a loss, really. Because I am too cool a person and know too much to keep it all holed up in this house and within a very small group of brethren and sistren.

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    kde....I will add something else. If you and your husband are sincere about who you are, then you are going to have to find a way out of that all white neighborhood if you can. All white/nonblack neighborhoods generally mean all white/nonblack schools. Young children are VERY impressionable and are quick to pick up on ironies and inconsistencies in their parents' messages---even if they don't verbalize them, they internalize them....just something to consider. If you are kind of "stranded", then try to find all black positive social outlets for the family.

9. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Beautiful thread sis...

Well you have to understand that many of the brothers and sisters out here trapped in the same struggle, or selling out their struggle to crawl after crumbs from the ********, that are crumbling, are really insufficient to the struggle at hand to undue the yolk thats smothering HUE-MANITY, for they are essentially assimilating into their master, and speak its language, and want to take on its look, so therefore i simply now ignore and keep an arms length with any of these NEGROES i shall say, because they are truly representing the western created image and mentality for which the europeeon created for them upon our arrival in this hemisphere.

I too do not find many "awakened" brothers and sisters, although there are some that have a clue and the knowledge, but they're letting their knowledge and wisdom which is linked to our ancestors be sold out and drained out, by way of the standards of this western white society, and they are accepting the MASK and putting it on, instead of letting their true image and voice be heard in all aspects of life, and that is because there are many that do this out of FEAR or SUBMISSIVENESS to the system and the beast, or there are some who are just totally gone, and allow both of those to take over!

The best thing brothers and sisters like us who have connected and our awakened on all scales is to maintain strength of mind and heart, and never allow trust and emotions to ruin our TRUE spirit, because trust is what beckons love, and when this beast wants you to submit or assimilate, and fall asleep, it will go after that mind first, by giving you temptations and masks in order to gain your trust of him and this wicked system and world its created to destroy HUE-MANITY, and therefore it will gain your heart, if allowed, and you will become sleep!

Stay Strong And Bold In All You Do, And Never Give Up The Goal Of Black Love, Unity, Power, And Freedom....NEVER!

Remember the asleep NEGROES that have been fooled and are participating in helping this beast, have been tricked into thinking that they should LOVE everybody else, UNITE with everybody else(assimilating, mixing, ect), and last but not least, think they ARE free, which is why they have sold out all three of the above, and actually become more destructive than the white man, because they look like us, and speak this devil's language, and advocate for it, just listen closely and intently whenever you run into these types, and always keep them at arms length and a watchful eye, and never let them enter your realm and gain your trust!

Now you living in a white neighborhood, just means you have your enemy closer, which in many aspects can be ideal to LEARN your enemy, but on the other hand as described above, you have to be careful, and i see it as more negative to be in the midst of a mass of white descendent europeeons, in any aspect of social evolving and progression, because they will try to assimilate you one way or the other, and you can't be as free culturally, and personally as you should when not amongst your own people, but again you have to be prepared to hold good and strong to those three that i mentioned, and never sell them out, or you will fall asleep........

10. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    If I could offer advice to anyone I would say leave the US as soon as possible. Most Blacks in America are either sell outs, uncle toms or just plain ignorant. No one is fighting for our rights. It's like the 60's march for Civil Rights did not happened. Obama has said he is the President of America not Blacks. He is not an advocate for us. He's been bought by Wall Streets and special interests.

Leave the US or at the never least try to obtain double citizenship in Ghana or another African Country. There's about a 1,000 African Americans living in Ghana with 10,000 visiting every year. The rent is very affordable. In Elmina rent costs about $150.00 a month for a home spacious enough for a small family.

Israel may also be a good place to live but it will of course be harder. But they do offer good benefits about 15,000 for a family of 4 during a period of 7 months and about 3,000 for single people. There are about 2.5 million Africans living in Egypt waiting to get into Israel.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. awakened melanted facebook

2. awakened melanated supermeness people

3. community of awakened people

4. what does Im conscious awakened melanated being mean?