Black Spirituality Religion : Finding God in Nature

My failure to read and write well in the English language is just that, my failure. It says nothing about other people’s abilities to communicate.

Either way the sentence makes no sense to me, we would have be out of this would for our words not to be related to the universe the world is in. How what you’re saying here is not related to the universe is perplexing to me.

If you feel that language is a limited form of communicating and there are better ways I’m OK with that. It just seems like such a bizarre idea that I don’t know what to say.

If I gave you the impression that science has something to say about god I’m sorry. Science has nothing to say about god:
  • One we have no agreed upon definition of what god is
  • Two science deals with the natural world not the supernatural.
Your definition of science is incomplete and therefor misleading. You can’t make improvements in farming from just observing and naming natural phenomena. There is more to science then that. Look around you almost everything you rely on daily is basis on science.

Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world.

Science for me does a very good job of describing a rainbow and can do more than a drawing in the sand today. We can start by taking a picture, some video perhaps and we have only just began. Personally I have not seen the galaxy we live in but science has given me a very good description of what it looks like along with models and pictures. As limited as you say science is all we know we know through science. It may not work for you, you may find it inadequate but without science how else can you know the universe? Without science how do you come to even know there is a universe?

There may be other ways of knowing that don’t include communication, reason and science. I just don’t know what they are or any results they have produced. We know very little about the universe but the little we do know we know though science.

I do not think anyone should be forced to uses communication, reason or science to know anything. In this world however we can test what methods result in knowing and which ones don’t.

“And all I'm saying to you is: there is a larger context.. and larger scope.. and other ways of seeing.. and being.. and understanding.. and it would be a shame to throw them all away for not fitting within a single way.
Notice how that is roughly the same thing a Scientist might say to a Christian/Muslim.
And quiet as it's kept, that is because both Religion and Science can be fit into a larger context of modern man's perpetual search for certainty.. reliability.. assurance.. control.”

I know of many religious people who would say this but no scientist. Scientists make no clams about things they know nothing about. If they are other ways of knowing science is unaware of them and has nothing to say about them.

Throw nothing away but in the natural world religion has told as nothing so far. Science has nothing to say about the supernatural world. Nothing is being kept quiet about their incompatibility, they may both be ways “man” attempts to know but they come to completely different conclusions. One makes clams in the observable universe the other clams to know of things out side of the universe.

:10500: the 'GOD' particle? dark energy? dark matter? the multiverse? superposition?

I’m not sure if you’re trying to say these are supernatural ideas. Two are hypothesis of the possible existence of natural phenomena some scientist think exist and one is now a theory.

The Higgs boson (nick named by some the god particle) was theorized in 1964 and just this year in March was confirmed to exist. Dark matter and the multiverse are still hypothesis put forward by some scientists, but have not yet been proven to exist.

I’m not sure if you’re trying to say these are supernatural ideas..
what is supernatural? how is it any different from, say, dark energy?

when you look on the macro level or the micro, science doesn't know what is going on.
is the big bang natural or supernatural? strings? branes? WTF.

unless there is a plan, a spirit, something, our short brutish lives don't mean anything.
i can't prove there is a god but i sure hope there is something better than the mess that we all live in.

what is supernatural? how is it any different from, say, dark energy?

when you look on the macro level or the micro, science doesn't know what is going on.
is the big bang natural or supernatural? strings? branes? WTF.

unless there is a plan, a spirit, something, our short brutish lives don't mean anything.
i can't prove there is a god but i sure hope there is something better than the mess that we all live in.

Science is trying to explain the world we live in, if it is in this universe then it is natural. 4% of the universe we know about, and 96% is still unknown. Dark matter and string theory are hypothesis in an attempt to explain what we observe in this universe. The big bang we know happened but we don’t yet know how and why. The easy thing do is to say god did, only you remain exactly where you started, knowing nothing.
The natural is what occurs with out mystical intervention. Supernatural would be phenomenon that require the temporally suspension of the laws of physics.

“String theory” is a hypothesis that some scientist have put forward in an attempt to unify the theory of relativity and quantum theory. Dark matter is something scientists have calculated should existed in order to explain the rapid and accelerated expansion of the universe. What is important to note is these are mathematical equations that we are not yet able to test or verify. It may be we find proof of them in the future or come up with better theories

They are many examples of the supernatural I’m sure you have read a holy book or two. Take turning water into wine as an example. You can’t just rearrange the atoms you have, hydrogen and oxygen, into some kind of alcohol. You have to manipulate there atomic structure at the quantum leave to form new atoms. Not only that but the method used is out of this world, you just command the water to change.
If god created this would and it’s a mess when he could have just got it right the first time. Why would you think the afterlife would be better? This is as good as it gets and if we want it to be better we are going to have to work at it.

I don’t know what god you believe in, but all the stories I’ve ever read or heard about god are madness.
When I was young my mother told me a story about a time when god came to Africa. He killed all the first born children because a king would not let his people go. I understood the king was a bad man, but what did the children do to this god? This world may be a mess but we do not show admiration to anyone who intentionally murders children.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back