Black Spirituality Religion : Finding God in Nature

This sounds like the god of Spinoza, and while I appreciate nature I see no evidence of god. The conversation on god goes nowhere without an agreed upon definition of what god is.

are you saying that because you don't see/recognize/experience God in nature, that others do not also?

are you saying that because you don't see/recognize/experience God in nature, that others do not also?

I say we first have to come to some agreement of what god is and is not before we can comment on each others observations. Currently I have as much to say about god in nature, as I do about a leprechaun at the end of a rainbow. My current definition of what god is has yielded no evidence of god existence.

I say we first have to come to some agreement of what god is and is not before we can comment on each others observations. Currently I have as much to say about god in nature, as I do about a leprechaun at the end of a rainbow. My current definition of what god is has yielded no evidence of god existence.

Peace LMagere,

so why are you in the spirituality/religion section.. in the "finding god in nature" thread?
If you disagree with the premise, why bother? Why not seek out resonance instead of conflict?.. why not be constructive?

Those are all rhetorical questions by the way..

and listen.. you will never find god in language and definitions. Man can only define what man has created. Recognize the limitations of language.. and then recognize the limitations of filtering your own perception exclusively through language.

.. and welcome to Destee.com..

Peace LMagere,

so why are you in the spirituality/religion section.. in the "finding god in nature" thread?
If you disagree with the premise, why bother? Why not seek out resonance instead of conflict?.. why not be constructive?

Those are all rhetorical questions by the way..

and listen.. you will never find god in language and definitions. Man can only define what man has created. Recognize the limitations of language.. and then recognize the limitations of filtering your own perception exclusively through language.

.. and welcome to Destee.com..

I am genuinely interested in knowing and how we come to know. Spirituality and religion make calms about knowing. I don’t see any conflict with questioning how we come to know. This then is the perfect place to be if you are interested in knowing and want to know.
Take your statement that I will never find god in language and definition. How do you come to know this is true and is your way of knowing reliable? These are all questions we can ask and test.

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back