Black Entertainment : Films Help Condition Black Males to Love White Females

if u r letting a movie/tv show dictate the type of relationships u want to explore then u r already lost...
and for the kids...their parents should be showing/telling them on a regular basis how things are today....

the only movie that influenced a decision i made in life was school daze...it made me want to go to a hbcu...

one love
khasm

Please provide me with examples (plural) of TV shows. I'm making an argument for movies that positively pair Black males with white females and portray Black males at odds with Black females in the same film. I am now supporting my argument with examples: "Save the Last Dance," "In the Mix," "Not Easily Broken," "Skin Deep," "Black Snake Moan," "Houseguest," etc.

The first interracial kiss on TV was on Star Trek between a White man and a Black woman.

The Jefferson's (in the 70s) had that mixed couple--with an African woman.

In Friend's (2003), Aisha Tyler was in a mixed couple.

In Lost, L. Scott Caldwell is in a mixed couple with a White husband she longs to see.

I only extrapolated the Black females from this site (and this is from six years ago):

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-12-20-interracial-couples_x.htm

Also, the long-running TV Show Scrubs had the protagonist date at least one African woman.

It's bizarre to not yourself do the research--especially when you should know much better. Haven't you watched the Jeffersons?

Beyond that, you're missing out on the subtle insistence that White men are better men that Black men. This is broadcasted in most every television show--from news on down.

To ask for 'evidence' is to not be analytical in the least. Without interracial couples shown, White people are promoting themselves as better partners than Black people. That's fact.

You're request for interracial couples--which I entertained--relies on the superficial aspect of the propaganda. There's much deeper implications, as I evinced in the 30 second commercial you for some reason dismissed.

if u r letting a movie/tv show dictate the type of relationships u want to explore then u r already lost...
and for the kids...their parents should be showing/telling them on a regular basis how things are today....

the only movie that influenced a decision i made in life was school daze...it made me want to go to a hbcu...

one love
khasm

You advised me to read the initial post before I weigh in on these discussions. May I suggest you take your own advice because this thread isn't about allowing films/tv dictate the type of relationships we want to explore.

You advised me to read the initial post before I weigh in on these discussions. May I suggest you take your own advice because this thread isn't about allowing films/tv dictate the type of relationships we want to explore.
\

smh...
title: films help condition black males to love white females

please tell me what this thread is about if it's not about movies "conditioning" the type of relationships black men have....

con·di·tion·ing
(k
schwa.gif
n-d
ibreve.gif
sh
prime.gif
schwa.gif
-n
ibreve.gif
ng)
n. Psychology
A process of behavior modification by which a subject comes to associate a desired behavior with a previously unrelated stimulus.

one love
khasm

The first interracial kiss on TV was on Star Trek between a White man and a Black woman.

The Jefferson's (in the 70s) had that mixed couple--with an African woman.

In Friend's (2003), Aisha Tyler was in a mixed couple.

In Lost, L. Scott Caldwell is in a mixed couple with a White husband she longs to see.

I only extrapolated the Black females from this site (and this is from six years ago):

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-12-20-interracial-couples_x.htm

Also, the long-running TV Show Scrubs had the protagonist date at least one African woman.

It's bizarre to not yourself do the research--especially when you should know much better. Haven't you watched the Jeffersons?

Beyond that, you're missing out on the subtle insistence that White men are better men that Black men. This is broadcasted in most every television show--from news on down.

To ask for 'evidence' is to not be analytical in the least. Without interracial couples shown, White people are promoting themselves as better partners than Black people. That's fact.

"It's bizarre"? I can think of something that's bizarre but that ain't it. I didn't make the statement about Black women and white men on TV shows. Another respondent did. I only asked him to provide me with examples. And P.S. I didn't use the word evidence so I'm puzzled by your use of quotations marks.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back