Black Sports : Fighters Who Are "Ducked" By Other Fighters

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Monetary, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Note: Read the article to see the list of boxers. Click here to view the article.

What do you guys think of these fighters? I've seen three of them fight (Antonio Margarito - almost took out Cotto; Zahir Raheem - he has great boxing skills and isn't afraid to throw punches; and Kingsley Ikeke - has good boxing skills to be so tall and lanky, his range is his biggest asset)...and they are worth a legitimate title shot.

Who would be on your list of fighters who deserve a legitimate title shot?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Emmanuel Augustus is one of the most talented fighters in boxing (definately one of the most talented that doesn't have a title); however, he hurts himself by constant clowning in the ring. He has been robbed out of a lot of decisions. But he also cost himself victories by clowning when he should be fighting. From what I hear that was the case in his last fight (just this past weekend). Augustus did get a title shot against Floyd Mayweather 6 years ago, and lost by TKO.

Zahir Raheem is definately being ducked by the titleholders of the lightweight division. His only loss to Rocky Juarez I thought he got robbed, and he outright embarrassed Erik Morales. I think he could beat everyone in the lightweight division with the exception of Diego Corralles.

Kingsley Ikeke is a talented fighter as well. I don't think he is being ducked quite yet. I see him getting a title shot within the next year.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I must be able to see the future

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4334016.stm