The Police : Ferguson Unmasks the War on Black America

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by oldsoul, Aug 21, 2014.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    [​IMG]
    from: Ferguson Unmasks the War on Black America by Glen Ford​
    A Force to Crush a People

White America perceived that it was at war with Black people, who no longer knew their place – and so, places of confinement were made for them; fortified dungeons to house millions. Since America tells itself and the rest of the world that it does not make war on its own citizens, and that there is a sharp and Constitutionally defined separation between the military and civilian functions of the State, the war against Black people had to be called something else – a War on Drugs, or simply a War on Crime. Therefore, it was not long before the words “crime” and “drugs” and “Black” came to mean the same thing since, really, there was only one war going on. And, it continues, still.

The young people of Ferguson, and greater St. Louis, and all of urban, suburban and rural Black America understand perfectly well that war is being waged against them. The powers-that-be every day of the year make it is crystal clear to Black people, especially Black men, that an overwhelming and lethal force is prepared to crush them – for any reason, or for no reason at all. This is the definition of a war of terror. It requires the aggressor to engage in constant and ever escalating displays of disciplined force – which is what militaries do. By refusing to disperse, the Black people of Ferguson have compelled the police to flaunt their military nature and mission before the eyes of the world. The American National Security State is embarrassed. But it will take a social transformation – that is, a revolution – to disarm the beast.

--http://www.blackagendareport.com/node/14361

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Wow! this is a powerful post. I never realized this reality until now. In my opinion, I feel that this system has set up Black Americans and we are being preyed upon. At first the news reports only released that Michael Johnson was a teen, unarmed, and shot by a White police... that was all that I heard for the most part. Then they showed his grieving mother; then finally they released a supposed video of 'Big Mike' strong arming a robbery of cigars, and by releasing the news in this fashion, White Supremacist beliefs are supported. The carefully timed released reports sets up Black Americans as if we would support a criminal act, when in fact, with the history of this system, it would be crazy for Black Americans to be silent against what the news did report. Nevertheless and even with the later release of other accusations against Michale Brown, he still was judged; murdered, without a trial, and the punishment does not fit the crime.

There have been many people that have been tried and found guilty of the same acts that he was alledged to have committed and they were not killed like this teean ager. Something is wrong with this system. So now, after reading this post, it really 'blows me away' that these shows of force are a method of getting around the statement of 'not going against citizens'!--rather it's a war against crime and drugs and such. Wow! Terrorism condoned under law--martial law.

3. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    O it just became unmasked in 2014?:rolleyes:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

In addition, it was reported by MSNBC's Chris Hayes that Ferguson was a "SunDown Town" brother oldsoul. He interviewed a very credible black college professor, John Wright of Webster University:

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
  6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

What are your thoughts on these early "comments" to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=RamWf4xN3kE

[​IMG]

msmecia30 4 hours ago
    This was very disrespectful an wrong on so many levels. Just because he didn't walk with everyone else doesn't make him a sell out. How can you disrespect a man like Jessie Jackson? It wasn't up to him to bond anyone out, it was up to them because they knew what they was getting into....
    Reply ·

[​IMG]

Andre C. Russell 4 hours ago
    Disrespectful... this is what happens when anger clouds the minds and hearts of men
    Reply ·

[​IMG]

Swip Poetry 7 hours ago
    Everyone all over the world should be chanting, "Human Rights Now!"
    Reply ·

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Anybody who knows me, knows I am NO fan of Glen Ford, but....! here, we agree (from another thread):
    I said it the day Obama was elected and I'll say it again: If you think the attacks on Obama are rough, wait until you see what happens to the rest of us.

The murders are simply white folks way of venting their hatred for the black man in the White House.... who has FINALLY! been pushed to the point where he feels it necessary to PUBICLY speak out on behalf of his black constituency. :)
    Kadijah, Yesterday at 6:41 PM

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

Anything good that happens to and for the black community comes from the bottom up. The Montgomery Bus Strike started with Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat to a white man. Dr. King and his family had just moved to town and there was no such thing as a Civil Rights Movement.... just one little black lady sick and tired of being sick and tired. You speak about "something in the air?" There's something in the air we haven't gotten a grasp on. Think about all the "riots" that have occurred.... since Obama was elected. They don't last long. A day, 2 at most, then the "peace" is on.... until the next slaying. In Ferguson, they're rioting almost every day. And, almost after every fresh outbreak, peace. :11200:

And then it starts again.

There's something in the air all right. Can't call it "strategy," but yea, there's something's different about this rioting. :10500:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-mike-brown-shooting.81317/page-41

There's something in the air, people. And truth to tell, it's beginning to seem more like an UPRISING in Ferguson, than a riot. Even the white folk who in recent riots were there with the blacks, looting stores, have traveled from coast to coast to PROTEST, to RIOT, not.... to loot.

We shall see. :news:

9. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stay in St.louis and I am familiar with Ferguson and I have been attending the Rallies as well. This Generation of Yong men and Women who the police are shooting down is the greatest Generation that we have produced. Why? because they are fearless warriors they just need the right guidance and Caucasian people know that that's why they are feared and there is a plan being carried out for our destruction. People try to take you away from the real issues and try to use black on black killing to justify police killing our unarmed youth. We do not own any Gun factories So how are we ending up with the Guns and why haven't anything been said or done about those Guns finding there way into our youth hands. What you see and hear is showing you the Mindset of a lot of Caucasian people as Long as they have a sense of control over us they tolerate Us. But once they feal that control is threatened they start showing there real face. Many of the white officers want to kill us all over America and are liking what is taking place so they can kill us and go to there brother's so they can be congratulated with words like you did good or good shot.
    Also what you see is the frustration of a people who have been dealt with unjustly every sense they stole us from our Mother Land.

Like any child who feals that they have been unjustly dealt with they act out and most of the time it's in a negative manner.

What has happened in Ferguson is happaning all over this country but for me I see the message loud and clear. It's like being in an abusive relationship if you stay in that situation you may end up dead so you have to separate and all that is going on and has been going on for over 450 years is making it clear that we can not live peacfully amongst these people no one of the Black family can so it is time for our seperation.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Righteous indignation.