Black Women : Feminism, How To Know If You Are A Slave, & OOW Births

Shaharazad Ali

Although not lazy by nature, she has become loose and careless about herself and about her man and family. Her brain is smaller than the Blackman's, so while she is acclaimed for her high scholastic achievement, her thought processes do not compare to the conscious Blackman's.

Her unbridled tongue is the main reason she cannot get along with the Blackman...if she ignores the authority and superiority of the Blackman, there is a penalty. When she crosses this line and becomes viciously insulting it is time for the Blackman to soundly slap her in the mouth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahrazad_Ali

No denying that what you say, IFE, is true but another point is, of the Black men NOT locked away, there is still a significant number unemployed or employed and underpaid. Which, in and of itself, is not a new phenomenon. Why is it that Black women in America have ALWAYS found the need to work outside the home--the majority of them, anyway? Is it because Black women just like working outside the home because they want to be independent or thumb their noses up to the Black man? Personally, I don't believe so. It's been out of need rather than greed or just wanting to be the "head" of the family, in my opinion. So I reject what was stated earlier that it's due to feminist thinking. I know Black men with PhDs that are unemployed and told that they are over-qualified when they apply for certain positions; and those that apply for blue-collar work and told they are unqualified. How can a Black man take care of his family under those circumstances and how does it make him feel? People got to eat and if I'm the woman in a situation like that, m going to find way and a job to keep the family afloat.

When I got married, I put my career on the back burner, for my family. I became a SAMH (Stay At Home Mom) for 8 years...until my son was 7 years old. After that, I worked during his school hours and picked him up as soon as school was out. I think that gave him an advantage in school. My priority was my family. We weren't overflowing in money, but we made a sacrifice for my son's advantage. Still, certain posters continuously label me a feminist...of course, they know nothing about me.

During my time off from work, I tweaked my husband's resume, and looked for job openings that matched his education, experience, and skillset. And, I mailed them out. I found him an Apprenticeship with the City. He flunked the first test. So, I bought him a study guide for the exam, and studied with him. Second time around he passed. It turned out very well for him. We weren't in competition. We were a team. He is very proud of how that Apprenticeship refreshed his career. I always wanted the best for him/us.

But, this was only possible because, he didn't have an overinflated ego.

Last edited:
Our brothers should not feel threatened by our sisters' successes. Instead, what our brothers should be doing is seeing those successes as a challenge and seek to exceed them. Sure we suffer from a system that hinders us, but the greatest hindrance to our success is our own unwillingness to put in the effort needed to succeed.

A lot of our people have given up or are waiting on the very people who benefit from the present system, to change it. The simple truth is the system will not change, until we have the economic clout to change it. So instead of seeking to downplay our sisters' successes, we should inspire them to reach greater heights. Let us not forget to also aspire for greater heights of success ourselves, which would remove some of the possible fear some brothers have of being left behind. When a person is doing what he/she needs to be doing to succeed, said person rarely feels threatened by the success of others.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back