Black Women : Feminism, How To Know If You Are A Slave, & OOW Births

My opinion: I strongly do not believe that Black women have been co-opted by or have fallen prey to the white woman's feminist perspective. Have attempts been made by white women to persuade Black women to join their cause to free themselves of male oppression? Yes. But Black women are not stupid or gullible enough to advocate for their equal rights by alienating herself from Black men or trying to laud power over them. Black women KNOW, at the end of the day, although women, they are also Black and white women do not advocate for their rights as Black people and therein lies a very big problem, thus feminist rhetoric delivered by white women is lost on Black women--again, in my opinion.

Social and religious prescribed roles based on gender...might work for some but not for me.

Having said that, back to topic.

According to The African-American Labor Force in the Recovery, although this is 2011-12 data, it supports what sister Liberty is saying but even still, the employment situation for Blacks overall lags compared to people of other races.

"Blacks are the only racial or ethnic group for whom women represent a larger share of the employed than do men--more than half (53.8 percent) of employed Blacks in 2011 were women, compared to 46.0 percent among employed Whites." But Black men, don't get upset over this because, "...employed Black women still earn less than employed Black men--Black women earn roughly $0.91 to every dollar earned by Black men." "While the wage gap among Blacks is smaller than that for Whites, this is largely driven by the fact that African-American men face lower wages compared to men in other race groups in the economy."

Read the article and you will see, as I did, this is not a gender issue...this is a Black community issue.

There is some kind of "loyalty test", this obsession with feminism. I think it's an obsession, because, I haven't met any AA feminist. None at all. The way these men on the board speak, it's like there are millions of them.

Now, I haven't met any. But, there is actually a small group of AA women who call themselves "Womanists". Women like Alice Walker and Toni Morrison identify themselves with this group that is separate from feminism. Still, I have only "heard" of this distinct group because these women are Pulitzer Prize Writers. I wonder how many of them exist, again, I've never met one of them either.

Indeed, there really is little relevance of the feminist movement with females taking more of the load within households.

But we do need to consider the advent of the "welfare system" and how it created a mandate for women to remove the male bread winner in order to get government funds.

How much that has affected the current situation in the job market, not sure.
We could present various opinions on why the study reveals this, but does this matter really?

Do we now need a Masculinist movement (rhetorical)?
Forreal, I do understand how the welfare system has left many men displaced, and broken up families. You are correct
I am trying to help....LOL

https://destee.com/threads/mens-lib.84924/

https://destee.com/threads/mgtow-are-you-guys-feeling-that.84817/

Haaaa! Good
And of course I jest with Masculinist movement question, but seems you are on the ball

Chuckling @ Men's Lib
Not laughing too hard though, as there may be a need for it if women keep taking charge.

AA women can't win. Damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Feeding the family is the problem at hand. And, people have a problem with a Sister trying to feed the family? Well, blow me down! LOL

Not even sure why the stats would be a good or a bad thing.
They are just stats, someone is taking care of the household more than someone else... that's their personal situation :)

Moral of the story is, take care of home regardless... and give ole girl back and foot rub when the day is over

Agreed. You'd think it would be that simple. But, apparently it is not. Imagine that the thanks you got for working inside and outside the home, was a whole lot of resentment just for trying to do your part. It is a role reversal. But, it will become more common in all communities, not just the AA community. And, it might be a temporary situation. But, as a woman, it is something to be on the look-out for.... a man who couldn't handle it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back