Black People : Feminism and the Gender War where was I?

In short, feminism took somewhat of an odd turn when the lesbians (by their own admission) with there blame a man strategy chose gender feminism, the word gender is there because they belive gender is a 'cultural creation' and as such , cultures are to be blamed for the 'oppression' of women who cook,clean,etc.

equity feminism is about monetary and professional oppurtunities, I am for it, if my woman wants to bring in more money into our home (hypothetically speaking) than I will march,preach,etc with her.

BlackTasTic Topic for Discussion

Bless Up Fam...
Welcome to another R.N.A. meeting...cause...Racism in the Lives of Afreekan Descendents is Not a Secret!

and...Thank You SiS IntelligentNoir for this weeks/today's R.N.A. discussion topic!
IntelligentNoir said:
Okay, since beginning my adventure on the internet I have runacross what is known as black feminist. These women were pretty angry, and loud (yes it's possible to be lound on the internet) brash, hyper sexualized, and less then likeable. Oh and did I mention that most were married to white men or dated them and really seemed to hate black men which led me into conflicts with a number of them on many occasions because of their negative and often, unfair assessment of black men.

I finally shook this particular site that they frequented off, and have not been back sense. I don't like negative people or self haters and these women were this and more. Truthfully, I thought these women were exagerrating some of the crap they were saying. You know, black men are trying to silence black women, and black men want black women to fail, and black men blame everything on black women, and black men can't handle a strong woman. *shakes head*

Like I said, it was a huge put off. But then when I thought I could not in a million years find a group of black men nearly as spiteful or as biased as these women, I found them. Now I won't mention the web site, but dear god, these are some seriously hateful black men. Black women are fat, and black women keep making babies with no father (divine pregnancy I guess cause god knows no man left them alone) and black women are the reason the black community is dying, and black women are the reason black men seek out other race of women as partners. Oh and the worst of all is that Black men based Darwins theory of natural selection was out of survival instict selecting women from other races to ensure that their kids were not reared by unstable and incapable overweiht black women. uh what!?!?!

Okay people explain this to me. When did black men and women start beefing like this? I'd never seen such outrageous and down right paranoid claims come from black men and women against one another until I hit the internet. The only coherent thing I could gather from it all was that feminism was behind it all. Can someone explain to me how feminism started the beef between black men and women? I'm confused like a mutha scruncher :qqb010:

This is where I was and what I saw and learned happening!

Thanks for Listening to M.E. share!
and..

Thanks for patience with M.E. as I and this work is still "a work in progress"

:hearts2:

and and...
Mama DESTEE!!!!.....I still need Help..this is what I get when i wrap youtube link the way you showed M.E.
:hearts4:

Destee said:
Sister IntelligentNoir ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

I don't know a lot about feminists or feminism, in the context which you've presented them.

There have been a couple of discussions here though, over the years, speaking to this topic.

To Hell and Back: Confessions of a Black Feminist

Pro Black and Pro Feminist - an oxymoron ?

Both discussions above, received lots of comments, so they may have within them, the answers to your questions.

Again ... welcome ... and please make yourself at home, because you are!

:heart:

Destee

Thank you for the link! Sorry for my presentation of the movement, it's just this was how it was presented to me from both genders. Anyways, I am a student, and mother, and a very busy person in general , so it took me a minute to get back to this thread and read the links provided. I read all of the post, but I am still confused. There were talks of black men oppressing women at some points during the discussion but there were no clear evidence presented of any such things just accusations of such. I mean when they say, black men are helping to oppress, I need an example of how they are helping to opress us. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe a man with limitted powers in this society has the ability to do very much. I mean look at our communities today. Where are the opresive black men? And please, no one use the rappers as an example, because I don't view that as valid by any stretch of the imagination. In those cases there is a mutual use going on. The men want the women and the women want to power,equal exhcange , nothing more nothing less. Granted that the image that has been put out about black women as a result of this imagery is not flattering, but both sexes are to blame in this instance for this.

Another thing is, while there may have been a time in the past where black men wheeled more power then black women, can that honestly be said today? I'm not sure, and I won't state the statistics I'm familiar with since most are govorment related and would not be consdered valid material here. Also a male pointed out that essentially some of the issues the women branched off to fight for were covered under the civil rights act. Granted, having a tampon dispenser put in the womens restroom would probably fall outisde the spectrum of coverage under this law or does it?

Furthermore, some of the stuff was common sense stuff that I don't think and entirely seperate movement had to be established to address. Now, I agree the movement for equal pay , and fair representation where diseases related to women were concerned was needed but some fo the stuff is just petty, like a unisex bathroom? What!? I don't want to walk in a bathroom to take a pee and see a man in the urinal doing his thing.:SuN048: Maybe it wasn't that extreme, but you get my picture. Oh well, this wasn't directed at you Destee as much as it's just me venting some apsects of what I find confusing.:qqb010:

I-khan said:
In short, feminism took somewhat of an odd turn when the lesbians (by their own admission) with there blame a man strategy chose gender feminism, the word gender is there because they belive gender is a 'cultural creation' and as such , cultures are to be blamed for the 'oppression' of women who cook,clean,etc.

equity feminism is about monetary and professional oppurtunities, I am for it, if my woman wants to bring in more money into our home (hypothetically speaking) than I will march,preach,etc with her.

Yes! I have heard lesbians in the past when defending their life style for lack of a better term argue against gender which they see as something imposed by society. I personally don' feel that way, but this is a new area of study for me and who's to say how i may feel as I study this more. However, as for now, I can't fathom how one comes to the conclusion that gender is contrived? And if it is, it wouldn't have just started here in this country since for as far as I know there have always been roles women played and roles men played in the grand scheme of thing one fulfilling the other. But like I said, I could just be naive, but then that's what all my inquiring is about. Thanks for answering me!:thanks:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back