Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Fellow men: Can I ask my barber to not give me an edge up?

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by ManicRaider, May 17, 2016.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Here's the thing, I don't care about my edges. When I get a haircut, I just want the hair to be... well, cut. You know, shortened. I don't need any fancy edges. Besides, sometimes barbers go back to far and I don't like how it looks. I just want the hair cut, that's it. Will I run into any problems if I ask them? I know you can't read the minds of the barbers where I go, but in your experience, do you think this is an unfair request?

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    learn to cut your own hair.. I started cutting mine at 14.. it's easy.. and you can do whatever you want.

that said..

you're paying your money.. you can ask for whatever you want.. The less time for the cut, the more profit for the barber. One of the reason I loved cutting caucasian hair in the military was.. they didn't want hair cuts.. they wanted the minimum amount trimmed.. and I still got the full price.. a good 10 minutes of work.. and done. Trust me.. your barber will be fine doing less work for the same money.

3. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Yeah, just about everyone in my immediate family keeps telling me this. I'll look into it one of these days.

I'm sure of that. I was just afraid that it might be an awkward request or something. Thanks for the reply!