Black People : Feelin a person.........

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by purplelistic, Apr 21, 2003.

1. purplelistic

purplelistic Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Why can't a person speak from the heart instead of the mind when it comes down to your feelings for a person?

2. monetg

monetg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Purple,

Fear of rejection would be my guess.................

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Well

People can and often do speak from the heart when expressing their feelings for someone. If or when they don't, there are a number of reasons why that might be. Without having more information, there's no single answer to your question.

4. purplelistic

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Elmo! Now thats where i'm coming from! I feel the same way! Glad to see i am not alone on this one! Peace!!!!

5. purplelistic

Ratings:
    +0
    No Kemetstry i am not looking for a paticular validation i just wanted to see if someone had the same view as I..... I know that whatever is in the heart the mouth will speak. But when you try to analyze things instead of just coming out and saying how you feel (which comes from the heart) i think that one would tend to make the situation much more complicated........So just speak for the heart and that way the trurth maybe spoken if you are real first of all with yourself and the person you are feelin........

6. Knyaire

Knyaire New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to me that someone speaking from the heart could be deamed as "corny." I must also agree with MONETG by saying yes, the fear of rejection plays a MAJOR part in someone's approach.

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I don't think that speaking solely from the heart may necessarily be good in every situation either. Because a person doesn't say what they are feeling sometimes doesn't always mean they aren't being honest or afraid to do so. I think there has to be a balance (not always equally) between the heart and mind. The heart and the mouth alone can sometimes bring about more confusion and disharmony. If someone holds back from expressing feelings out of fear of being rejected or to play games, that's something different. But because a person knows how to discipline themselves and monitor their tongue, doesn't always mean they aren't being honest and open, imo.

8. CrunchyStuff

CrunchyStuff Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Queen,

I agree whole heartedly. I always give the example of how "angry", "hurt" and possibly "ashamed" a complete stranger talking to you harshly can make you feel.

If your feelings can be so easily manipulated by strangers, just think how people you know can manipulate you emotionally.

Thus it is better to make decision and respond with the "heart of your mind".

Smile.