Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
kill: Feds fire warning shot over pot legalization - U.S. News
usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...feds...pot-legalization7 hours ago
Dec 06, 2012 · By Elizabeth Chuck, ... "Marijuana is new, ... We are a Republic of States which already has their own set of laws along with feds.

• [BOT] NBCNews.com (blog)
    drugpolicycentral.com/bot/article/usnews.nbcnews9884.htm
    ... Feds fire warning shot over pot ... Feds fire warning shot over pot legalization. Washington State's new law ... By Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News With marijuana ...
  • Feds target LA in medical marijuana crackdown. « Rivers of Hope
    greatriversofhope.wordpress.com/.../feds-target...marijuana-crackdown
    Sep 27, 2012 · Feds target LA in medical marijuana crackdown. ... Elizabeth II; Giver; New York City Department of Education; ... New York City Law Department;

By Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News
With marijuana possession now legal in Washington state, and soon in Colorado too, residents face a confusing mishmash of federal and state laws when it comes to whether and where they can get high.

That's because the federal government still bans pot growing and possession, regardless of what state laws say.
Last night, just hours before legislation legalizing pot in her state went into effect, U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan of Washington warned residents that "growing, selling or possessing any amount of marijuana remains illegal under federal law."
Her words could be a buzzkill for Washington's pot-lovers, yet at midnight -- the moment Washington's law went into effect -- marijuana smokers lit up beneath Seattle's Space Needle, reveling in the joy of living in a state that allows possession of pot, even if state law still says it is illegal to smoke it in public.
"It's too good to be just for the young," Pat Edmonson, 67, of Whidbey Island, Wash., said as she smoked marijuana in Seattle's City Center with a crowd of about 100 others who were lighting up, despite the no-pot-in-public rule.

State leaders have appealed to the Justice Department for guidance.

Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes encouraged celebrants to enjoy their highs inside closed doors.
"I think that they should acknowledge this newfound right," he told NPR station KUOW. "I think they should celebrate in the privacy of their homes if they choose to do so. And be thankful that we’re no longer arresting some 10,000 Washingtonians a year in the state of Washington and spending well over $100 million in law enforcement resources on that."
In Colorado, a measuring legalizing marijuana use and possession for those over 21 will go into effect next month. But one place where federal laws will have an impact: college campuses.
"In order not to lose federal funds, we need to comply with federal law," University of Colorado at Boulder spokeswoman Malinda Hiller-Huey told The Denver Post.
College students on campuses across the state will be issued criminal tickets if they are found with marijuana, The Post reported. Off-campus, however, students of legal age will be able to grow and use small amounts of marijuana, per the new amendment, according to the University of Colorado.

Let the states decide.
America, has spoken (or parts of it). They wanna get hiiiiiiigh.
Let them. Imagine the tax revenue earned from a chunk of the 'shadow' economy....
If the sale of marijuana were 'corporatized', it would also put a dent in organized crime and suck the wind from the sails of these sociopathic degenerates (drug dealers and gang members).

What with Hostess going out of business, I don't know what these potheads are gonna to do for food.
I've indulged in the substance once. I was... 26? Never got to experiment as a teen. The 'reign' was too tight and I was a Baby Jesus loving 'good girl' who did as she was told. Hell, I couldn't even date thanks to my father and 3 cockblocking brothers.
But...I had a rather interesting delusion, laughed about it for a good while...ate and fell asleep. Thank God (or some other deity) for Hot Cheetoes and McDonald's 'dollar menu'....
It was an all-around pleasant experience.

Of course --
I don't really much care for the typical burnout weed smokers...which may/not include those who smoke for 'medicinal use'. Those that I've encountered were no different than drunks. Everytime I speak to one of them? They appear almost proud to admit that they MUST smoke their drugs to be happy and creative. That's... slightly pathetic. They also tend to smell and, even in adulthood, they're always running about singing odes to weed. Like a bunch of jittery prepubescents....
SMH

I'm 'on board' with Daniel Tosh on this one:
"You wanna get high?"
"Uh, no...because I'm not in highschool...and I do coke. Like an adult...?"
*laugh*

...and yes - I do have an issue with legalizing yet another harmful mind-altering substance. People can't even drink responsibly...but it's 'ok' to allow for the use of a hallucinogen?
I highly doubt that you can smoke something like that for days - years - on end and emerge unscathed. Aren't there ties between chronic use and schizophrenia?
You'll not imagine how many that I've cared for with alcohol-related dementia....
But...it's 'whatever'.

If 'Scooby Doo' has taught us nothing else it's that no one ever listens to the sensible ones.
Y'ever watch Scooby-Doo? No one ever listened Velma's a-s.
Let them smoke all they want, I say. Their health; their responsibility.
And... 30 years from now, it'll be their turn to run about acting 'brand new'. Looking for a settlement.
'...but, but, but - we never knew. No one ever told us.'

Let the states decide.
America, has spoken (or parts of it). They wanna get hiiiiiiigh.
Let them. Imagine the tax revenue earned from a chunk of the 'shadow' economy....
If the sale of marijuana were 'corporatized', it would also put a dent in organized crime and suck the wind from the sails of these sociopathic degenerates (drug dealers and gang members).

What with Hostess going out of business, I don't know what these potheads are gonna to do for food.
I've indulged in the substance once. I was... 26? Never got to experiment as a teen. The 'reign' was too tight and I was a Baby Jesus loving 'good girl' who did as she was told. Hell, I couldn't even date thanks to my father and 3 cockblocking brothers.
But...I had a rather interesting delusion, laughed about it for a good while...ate and fell asleep. Thank God (or some other deity) for Hot Cheetoes and McDonald's 'dollar menu'....
It was an all-around pleasant experience.

Of course --
I don't really much care for the typical burnout weed smokers...which may/not include those who smoke for 'medicinal use'. Those that I've encountered were no different than drunks. Everytime I speak to one of them? They appear almost proud to admit that they MUST smoke their drugs to be happy and creative. That's... slightly pathetic. They also tend to smell and, even in adulthood, they're always running about singing odes to weed. Like a bunch of jittery prepubescents....
SMH

I'm 'on board' with Daniel Tosh on this one:
"You wanna get high?"
"Uh, no...because I'm not in highschool...and I do coke. Like an adult...?"
*laugh*

...and yes - I do have an issue with legalizing yet another harmful mind-altering substance. People can't even drink responsibly...but it's 'ok' to allow for the use of a hallucinogen?
I highly doubt that you can smoke something like that for days - years - on end and emerge unscathed. Aren't there ties between chronic use and schizophrenia?
You'll not imagine how many that I've cared for with alcohol-related dementia....
But...it's 'whatever'.

If 'Scooby Doo' has taught us nothing else it's that no one ever listens to the sensible ones.
Y'ever watch Scooby-Doo? No one ever listened Velma's a-s.
Let them smoke all they want, I say. Their health; their responsibility.
And... 30 years from now, it'll be their turn to run about acting 'brand new'. Looking for a settlement.
'...but, but, but - we never knew. No one ever told us.'

Lung cancer deaths would spike

I thought there wasn't one recorded case of people getting lung cancer from marijuana alone. It lowers your immune system (smoke does), but that isn't what gives cancer.

sigh

Unrefined pot, which it all is, has more tars and carcenogenic by products than cig.s. Stoners have the same issues and smokers. The cigarette industry did extensive studies on pot. They are poised to take over the production if it is ever legalized. So, there would be a spike in all the same issued involved in smoking

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back