Black People : feds sue new black panthers

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    12 & fairmont is in the north philly ghetto. every 6th grader has a glock under his bed.
    dem fools did not intimidate anybody except a few white reporters.

the thing is, they may well serve time over this nonsense.

"The U.S. Justice Department filed a lawsuit yesterday against the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense and three of its members over what authorities allege was Election Day voter intimidation outside a North Philadelphia polling place.

The suit, filed in federal court in Philadelphia, alleges that two men - identified by the Justice Department as Minister King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson - intimidated voters on Nov. 4 by standing outside the polling place at 12th Street and Fairmount Avenue wearing party uniforms."

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news..._Panthers.html

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    now the NBPP points fingers @ each other

On Election Day, two black supremacists stood watch over a Fairmount polling site.

City police didn't charge them with any crime. And the District Attorney's Office received no complaints about their behavior.

But the feds, from their D.C. digs 120 miles away, nonetheless delivered a big smackdown this week when the U.S. Department of Justice sued the pair - plus their group, the New Black Panther Party, and its chairman - alleging voter intimidation.

The New Black Panther Party, in turn, suspended its Philadelphia chapter, issuing a "public notice" characterizing chapter president Minister King Samir Shabazz as a rogue who acted without the organization's approval when he brought a nightstick on his Election Day surveillance mission.

"The New Black Panther Party has never, and never will, condone or promote the carrying of nightsticks or any kind of weapon at any polling place," the notice stated. "It is true that volunteers in the New Black Panther Party successfully served as poll watchers all over the country and helped get the black vote out. [But] we were incident free. We are intelligent enough to understand that a polling place is a sensitive site and all actions must be carried out in a civilized and lawful manner."

The saga on Nov. 4 started when Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, a New Black Panther Party member who also is a member of the 14th Ward's Democratic Committee, showed up at the polling site at 12th Street and Fairmount Avenue.

Yesterday, Shabazz said that he had visited that site because "the community asked" for him.

"We had gotten calls earlier that morning that people in the community were getting harassed by neo-Nazis and skinheads," he said. "We were asked to secure the area, and that's what we done. We weren't saying anything; we weren't doing anything to violate anyone's civil rights or right to vote. Even the mayor and the D.A. spoke out on our behalf, somewhat."

Several news and amateur videos of the supremacists show them standing in black berets, boots and military garb, occasionally talking with news reporters. In one online video, a man can be seen nonchalantly entering the building behind the Panthers.

But according to the feds' nine-page complaint filed Wednesday, Shabazz menacingly tapped a nightstick in his hand throughout his "deployment" there. The complaint further charges that Shabazz and Jackson tried to block access to the building and hurled racial threats and insults at white and black voters and poll workers.

Party chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz also was named in the complaint but wasn't present at the Fairmount site on Election Day.

The complaint charges that the Panthers violated the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which prohibits intimidation, coercion or threats against voters. The feds want an injunction barring the Panthers from sending members - especially those with weapons - to polling places during future elections.

"Intimidation outside of a polling place is contrary to the democratic process," Acting Assistant Attorney General Grace Chung Becker said in a prepared statement. "The Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed to protect the fundamental right to vote, and the Department takes allegations of voter intimidation seriously."

Scot Montrey, a spokesman for the department's civil-rights division, declined to say what sparked the federal complaint, when local authorities had decided that no offense had occurred.

"Generally, we let the legal filings speak for themselves," Montrey said.

The presence of a weapon typically elevates what some might view as free speech to an intimidation offense, one justice source said.

Shabazz is a familiar presence to many who pass by the Clothespin statue near City Hall; he often spends weekday afternoons there, selling the New Black Panther Party's $2 newspaper and preaching to passers-by.

He declined to say yesterday whether the chapter suspension would alter his plans to spread his extremist message, which includes a black-separatist call to destroy whites. He also refused to reveal how he would respond to the complaint and chapter suspension.

"A wise general never reveals his tactics," Shabazz said.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca...imidation.html

3. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22

...maybe the brother manipulating the baton is on the klan payroll...some brothers can't do enough to assist the racist in declaring 'just cause'...:uhoh:

4. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    What do you mean by this:?:

M.E.
    :hearts2:

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    the first thing that came to mind was reports of "voter intimidation" outside of polls in black/minority communities in other places where white folks were doing a wee bit more than standing around.

then i got to getting worried/concerned about the way the party rallied behind these brothers.

and then i got to thinking about the way that black folks seem to be inclined to occasionally jump right in on the bandwagon that white media puts out. "black supremacists"?? ok, so lets get the idiots that buy into the media all stirred up!!

and then i saw the post a couple in front of this one. smh

but, for some reason, i still ain't gonna write y'all completely off. maybe it'll take doing the "adam and eve" bit in a little while to start it all off fresh ... if there are two of us left when the dust settles!! (any single life form, like Earth, has ZERO internal enemies!! that's just white washed brain damage! and killing/war is not something that is natural to this planet either!! birth and death are, but if one puts the "proper" spin on things ...)

yeah; i kinda figured that the obama selection as the dem candidate was gonna start some ruckus ... i'm still expecting something to come out of the white house that would slow down the inauguration: there's still a few days left to declare martial law or something ... particularly if something "traumatic" happens ... like the israel/gaza strip mess spilling over into dc somehow ...

myAfricans; Mother Earth requires/demands your attention - there is some stuff that only YOU can fix. but you have to wake up first!! .... please????

6. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22
    Greetings Sister TTTC, ithas been awhile!...My initial reaction was 'wonderment'...If the article is true, and this actually did occur...the image presented suggested someone with an agenda known only to him...IN TRUTH, I have no idea,and was just thinking out loud, then again, it may suggest other issues (hereIgoagain)... in 2008 a brother enforcing voting rights or some such, under the system of ws/r :confused::?:?:sand:

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hotep Brother Prizmm!

Yes It has bee awhile and for me..it's been too long.

I can certainly appreciate your 'wonderment' about the shyuation and the parties involved. I won't speak more save to say,....Fighting this battle for first, the minds of the "masses" of the people is no easy job and must be approached in a variety of ways....i suppose......I say "suppose" because everyone calls for "ORGANIZATION" and for real for real, I don't know that what happened and how it happened was not organized and planned to happen the way it did...so...I'll leave that for now.

Thanks for sharing more with me, your thinking and "wonderment". :terrific:

M.E.
    :hearts2: