Black People : Feds: Authorities in Meridian, Miss. Violated Rights of Black Children

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

By Jason Ryan
@JasonRyanABC
Follow on Twitter
Aug 10, 2012 5:45pm

Feds: Authorities in Meridian, Miss. Violated Rights of Black Children
abcnews.go.com

Feds: Authorities in Meridian, Miss. Violated Rights of Black Children

The Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division has released investigative findings determining that children in predominantly black Meridian, Miss. have had their constitutional rights violated by the Lauderdale County Youth Court, the Meridian Police Department, and the Mississippi Division of Youth Services in what civil rights investigators allege is a school to prison pipeline with even dress code violations resulting in incarceration.
The Justice Department has been investigating the agencies since December 2011 and found that the police department arrests children without probable cause, violating the children’s Fourth Amendment protections of unlawful search and seizure.

EDIT BY DESTEE

MAJORITY OF ARTICLE REMOVED AND LINK TO ARTICLE INCLUDED.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...idian-miss-violated-rights-of-black-children/

::
::

Kemetstry ... the above is a violation of rule #2 ... you've been warned about this repeatedly.

You will not be warned again. Since you can't moderate yourself ... i will babysit you.

The next time you violate this rule, you'll already be on moderation, when you hear from me.

I should put you on moderation right now, but i won't.

:heart:

Destee

Kemetstry ... the above is a violation of rule #2 ... you've been warned about this repeatedly.

You will not be warned again. Since you can't moderate yourself ... i will babysit you.

The next time you violate this rule, you'll already be on moderation, when you hear from me.

I should put you on moderation right now, but i won't.

:heart:

Destee

sigh

The full report is more than one page long. I didnt copy the entir thing. geez

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back