Black People : FEBRUARY: Black History Month & Much More...Valentine's Day or...

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
FEBRUARY: Black History Month & Much More...Vanlentine's Day or . . .

Valentine's Day or Lots [Purim], February 14

What an incredible month!? For more than a thousand years the month of February was celebrated just like Christmas in December! February was the end of the year! In the 4000s BC and the 3000s BC at least, the ancient people of Egypt [the land of Seth & Kemet] ended the year with festivals in February and prepared for the New Year of which began in March. This tradition actually remained on the calendars in Egypt all the way up to the beginning of the Dynastic Age around 3100 BC and up until the time of the 19th Dynasty, the Ramessids and probably beyond. Around the time of the Pyramid age which would be in the 2700s BC, script began to show that the earth had tilted and so, more than one calendar began to be used. What did this tilt mean to the ancient priest of the time? Well, it meant that something catastrophic was bound to happen. This tilt makes our earth unstable! The tilt began the process of the earth ‘drying up’ and desert formations began to occur. The polar regions became affected and contributed to the great flood that would one day happened. The tilt eventually caused four seasons to occur and, this would really be the beginning of instability that would later cause the planet earth to split apart as well! Because of this tilt, the earth’s cycle slowed down as it circled the sun and instead of a 360 day cycle it took 365 days and a few hours to circle the sun. For this reason, ancient priest recognized that the moon cycle and the sun cycle [earth cycle around the sun] varied and they began to use a lunar calendar in conjunction with a solar calendar in order to measure time on the earth more precisely and in order to set their religious and state affairs. For this reason, the month of February soon became known as ‘the Leap Month’ by some civilizations. All civilizations accounted for some kind of ‘a leap period’ due to the tilt of the earth in relation to the sun and therefore, major and historical celebrations can be easily studied and understood from a scientific approach to history! And this is my passion! I spent years studying history with a scientific approach and comparing and contrasting timelines of the past to better understand how to measure time and, history has been recorded in relation to time!

February became a notable ‘Leap Month’ for many. In the Persian empire times, February was called ‘Adar’ and they had a leap month ‘Veadar’ [2ndAdar]. Those extra days then became a special period in which people celebrated for some designated reason and then by the time of the equinox, the stars became synchronized and the extra time was spent. Some civilizations make up for this extra time every year but not only in the month of February and, some make up for it every three years and so forth, therefore, there are many different kinds of ‘leap periods’ observed from generation to generation. There would be more to say about leap periods but as for now, this provides a brief summation. So for the most part, February, became a month in which leap periods were accounted for in the earliest of time.

Based upon the lunar calendar, the first night of every month began on the full moon [for some civilizations] which was on the 13th day of the lunar month and so, the 14th would be the first day of the month. It becomes very easy to judge time by the moon because from the first appearance of the crested moon to the full moon is always 13 days! So some civilizations regarded the crested moon as ‘day 1’ while others considered the full moon as ‘day 1’ but at any rate, the lunar cycle proves to be precise enough to verify time. So the end of the year festivities would actually begin on February 14 and run for the whole week. The month of February celebrations would probably be one of the most earliest and very important observances in human history even before the pagan Easter celebration in March became important! So the fact that this month became designated as African American History Month makes it seem even more special. But even more amazing would be another major happening thousands of years ago during the Persian Empire times. Another event occurred during the reign of Queen Esther and in fact, because of her, a major celebration began to be observed every year on February 14 and became known as ‘Lots’ or ‘Purim’.

Based upon the Battle of Thermopylae between the Spartans and Persia which occurred around 480 BC, the later overthrow of Black Babylon [ChaldeanBabylon] in 475 BC and, the reign of Darius-the-Great in 453 BC, the major celebration that was begun by Esther probably happened around 460s B.C. and before the Jews completed the temple of God. The Bible gives express detail about the very years of the reign of certain Persian kings such as Xerxes I [Artaxerxes I], the husband of Queen Esther. He was the king of kings meaning, he was the head over all of the Medo-Persian Empire. The Bible tellsthat in the 12th year of the reign of Xerxes I [Ahaseurus] there was a certain dignitary that was very close friends to the king but, without understanding the racial makeup of this man or in fact, all historical people in certain stories of the past then, it will be impossible to understand the Bible in regards to human conflicts. This would be one of the biggest deceptions put to the descendants of African American slavery about the Bible and life in general. We have been encouraged to deny our heritage in important situations while many times, other races of people highlight their racial and cultural background. The racial background of this dignitary reveals the conflict that came about. He was written as, Haman-the-Agaggite. The name ‘Agaggite’ meant that he was a certain kind of white man and this definition goes way back even before that time in history. Other names that apply to those ancient times would be ‘Agamemnon’, ‘king Ag’ [Amalekite king], ‘Gog’ and much, much more. Now, Mordecai, the Israelite cousin to Queen Esther of whom had raised her from a little girl detested this Agaggite man named Haman and one day, someone told Haman that Mordecai [Mor-decai; Moorish-Israelite] would not bow to him when he walked to and from the gates. It was for this reason that this major celebration of Purim eventually came about.

One day, Haman decided to plot against, not only Mordecai but, he premeditated and became determined to exterminate all of the Jews in response to Mordecai’s decision not to acknowledge him. So on March 13 [Nisan 13], Haman began to ‘caste lots’ to determine the day to have this deed done and,for the next twelve (12) months Haman caste lots (Pur). By the end of the year in the month of February [Adar], he had determined to have this major extermination done that next year and on the 13th day of February upon which he made his move to deceive the king, his friend. Now at this time and in his twelfth year of his reign, the king never knew that his queen was really a Jew! Esther had been the queen for about five years! Haman convinced the king that the Jews had evil intent against him and the system of the Persians and so, the king gave Haman his ring (seal) so that Haman could use the seal, at will, to write letters, in the name of the king, and go throughout all the regions to announce the date to commit genocide against all of the Jews living everywhere under Persian rule. That next month and, exactly a year later after Haman began to caste lots and on the very day, March 13 and in the 13th year of the reign of king Xerxes, these letters were written, stamped with the seal and sent by the Persian pony express system to far reaching places such as all throughout Ethiopia [Kush], Egypt, India, Shushan [Capitol, Iran], Armenia and etc. stating the date when this killing wassuppose to occur. The date of the execution was set to happened twelve (12) months later on February 13 [Adar 13] so, for months, the Jews were tormented. . . . IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE HOLOCAUST . . . revenge . . . Why were we not educated about the millions of ‘blacks in Europe’ killed in the concentration camps first? . . . What about the Sephardim Jews of Europe? . . . What happened to them? . . . BEWARE of what we hear today going on in Gaza! . . . Umh!?

The Book of Esther is a short book and a must read! The end result of this horrible decree was that it was turned over because of queen Esther. Because the Medo-Persian empire was built up on a strict color caste system, Mordecai counseled Esther not to reveal that she was ‘black’ [Israel] and so, up until that time, she never did. But as a result of the masses . . . Esther put her life on the line. The Bible goes on to state that she finally revealed to king Xerxes that she was indeed, a Jew, and she fell on her knees and begged her husband to turn this evil decree over. When the king realized his name was put throughout all his regions for this edict, he questioned some of the accusations that Haman had made against the Jews and Mordecai and found that he had lied. As a result, the edict was immediately overturned and Esther was given the privilege to pass judgment against the conspirator(s). So instead of the Jews being exterminated, some of the conspirators were executed on the same platform that was constructed for the Jews on February 13. The next day, the Jews rejoiced and for this reason, it became an establishment that every year, Purim, as it became known, would be a major two day celebration that would begin on February the 14th! . . . A couple of years later, Daniel was thrown in the lion’s den in Babylon. . . Darius-the-Great, the son of king Xerxes, overturned his own father’s edict to stop the construction of the temple of God! . . . all things were quiet in the capitol at Shushan . . . there was no rebuttal . . . because . . . Xerxes found out that his wife was black! And finally, the temple of God was finished in 447 B.C.!

First Printed, January 18, 2009
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/kjv/
http://www.theholidayspot.com/purim/history_of_purim.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim
http://purim.123holiday.net/

I am a day late, but remined about Purim again. And also, I can't help but think about it due to the recent news that concerns Iran, Israel, America and etc. This is one of the issues that I always think about as an African American descendant of slaves, in how it was the ancient Medo-Persians that stood up for the Hebrews-Jews and completely funded the building of the very second Temple of the living God. And then just a few years ago, my son told me that one of his college friends, a foreign young man from the Middle East, actually made a comment to him about that. My son said that it was a comment that was made on a friendly gesture and from what I can recall, the guy said to my son, 'that it was all Cyrus' fault, "we helped you guys out."' But it was just Cyrus that was for the Israelites, it was also queen Esther! Yeah! The very king of kings, Xerxes' queen was an Israelite woman-*an African-typed woman-*an Abra-Hamitic-typed woman!!! But now, as in the past, the Medo-Persians were a divided system so today, are we dealing with the kind of ancient Persian ancestors of the Iranians that had Daniel thrown in the lion's den or what? Nevertheless, I'm sure they are reminded about the past just as I am.

edited for grammar.

Sis, much respect on your intent...but this info on Kemet is way off base!!! Where should I start? I don't think that I should. All I know is that, nothing the European writes or says is true about us or themselves. They changed the time cycles, dates and everything. The Afrakan New Year is in August. No one knows who built the pyramids and I'll put my life and my children's life on that! That's how sure I am. So I don't want to mess up your thread, I'm just saying.

Sis, much respect on your intent...but this info on Kemet is way off base!!! Where should I start? I don't think that I should. All I know is that, nothing the European writes or says is true about us or themselves. They changed the time cycles, dates and everything. The Afrakan New Year is in August. No one knows who built the pyramids and I'll put my life and my children's life on that! That's how sure I am. So I don't want to mess up your thread, I'm just saying.

I don't remember saying anything in this thread about 'who built th pyramids'! What in the world are you talking about! But if that's what you believe, then believe on.

If you ae going to refute me then you do need to bring some references. Also, I do believe have seen you use European references. Also, there are many different kinds of Africans, I nor my ancestors were the ones that started our new year in August, but if you have references then I would like to see it.

It's not about Europeans or you, it's about backing up what you say.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back