Black Christians : FEAST OF BOOTHS[TABERNACLE]

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
THE FEAST OF BOOTHS [TABERNACLE]
April 14 -to- 21

According to the Bible, Jesus was born during the week of the yearly and mandatory observance called THE FEAST OF BOOTHS of which was also called THE FEAST OF THE TABERNACLE. And the reason why we can know that it was held during the month of April has to do with the appearance of the Star of Bethlehem and the reappearance of the star again in these modern times in April again and in the very same scientific alignment that only once occurred some 2000 years ago at the birth of Jesus Christ. Six prior to Jesus’ birthday too, his cousin John-the-Baptist was born in the month of October and during the other mandatory observance which was PASSOVER WEEK. It would be 33 1/2 years later that Jesus Christ would also be Crucified during PASSOVER WEEK and during the month of October.

NO ROOM IN THE INN
The Christmas story goes that Joseph and Mary left the Decapolis and journeyed down into Jerusalem in order to pay their taxes and be counted in the census. Like today, the Roman tax season was in the month of April and so many Jews went into Jerusalem to make the deadline and Joseph and Mari became apart of this rush. Just like the Roman Saturnalia Festival of which sometimes coincided with the Jewish PASSOVER WEEK in the month of October, the Roman tax season sometimes coincided with the Jewish FEAST OF THE TABERNACLE in the month of April. But unlike the Romans of which observed their functions every year at the same month, the Jewish observances changed every three years in respect to the Lunar Calendar of which they used to set their observances. For two years the Feast of Booths/Tabernacle was held during the month of March but on the third year it was held in the month of April. It became their leap month. Likewise, every two years the Feast of Passover was held in September as it first began after the Exodus in the days of Moses but on the third years, it was held in the month of October. So not only did Joseph have to contend with the crowd coming into pay their taxes but, many Jews were coming into Jerusalem to remain there for the observance of the Feast of the Tabernacle. And therefore when Mary went into labor Joseph tried to find a place for her to have her baby but there was no room in the Inn. So he ended up taking her to a barn, a manger where she had to lay down on the hay and give birth to her first baby.

Technically and scientifically speaking, Mary went into labor today, on April the 16th and it was in the hour of 6:00 P.M. that the day became April 17 for the Jews. The shepherds standing around the barn perhaps with Joseph were told to look up, straight up over head. When they looked up behind an almost full moon, they would have seen two balls [stars] of which would have been the planet Mars and the planet Jupiter. And while they gazed up into the sky, they witnessed something that had been prophesized to occur by ancient priest-scientist that had long since died. I, myself had the privilege of seeing an reenactment of this wonder myself at the local planetarium show called, the Star of Bethlehem. What appeared to be a tiny white ball, the relative size of the other two balls seem to have come out of ‘no where’. It steadily moved. It moved passed the balls in such a way that it seemed that the planet Jupiter began to move backwards. Soon the ball seemed to come to a complete stop and I felt like I was holding my breath. I was stunned. I just couldn’t believe my eyes... I wonder now, what those shepherds thought when they saw the real occurrence. All the while and in the very same hour, a woman, a virgin, was lying in the barn and she gave birth to a little baby boy. Oh My GOD... And Joseph was standing there, perhaps, not knowing what to think. He knew it wasn’t his baby. So then what!? I can’t imagine what was going through his mind.

...Two years later, Herod told the wise men to come back and give him a report...they followed their instruments to a house in Judaea-Bethlehem country where Joseph and Mari obviously moved to. They were no longer in the barn [manger] and the baby was no longer wrapped in swaddling clothes. The star had followed them and when the wise men who followed the star from the east to the west looked straight up over their heads, they saw this Star of Bethlehem. And in between the star at a straight angle [180 degrees] and the earth was this house in Bethlehem. So they went up to the house and knocked. I can’t imagine what went through the mind of Joseph when he saw all those important men standing at his door. They said to them that they wanted to see THE CHILD. They saw a little brown toddler in diapers ...and they fell down and worshiped him. Soon, Joseph had a dream...and they took their gold, frankincense and myrrh and packed up and left...

...Anyway...Merry Christmas...

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. [ST LUKE 2:11-17].

============================================ =

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: …And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:… [ST MATTHEW 2:1-14].​

CD,

I'm curious... Is this when you celebrate Jesus' birth? If so, what do you celebrate on 12/25 if anything at all?

Hi Bootzey,

I respect this date and in a sense view it 'in memory of'.

I view 12/25 as this government's hyped up day for economic reasons but, I respect other people who believe in that day as being set aside for honoring his birth.

I view it as this governments' actions as being no different that the Roman Empire who rejected Jesus because his message contradicted their government. And so, the Roman Empire changed the Jewish holidays around in the AD 60s, right around the time when books began to be published about the Crucifixion of which restarted interest. The Roman Government changed the Jewish PASSOVER from being observed by the Lunar Calendar and in the fall, to be observed in March 14-21 and it was a federal law and the Jews had no option because it was law.

The book of ACTS records this change and confirms that the Jews went along with it as they had no choice. Peter was imprisoned on the 14th by another Herod and he was supposed to be Crucified. But Herod was afraid to do it so, he kept Peter in prison and at night, Peter was released. That next day, Herod went to Lebanon and made a speech in a costly robe and afterwards he died of worms on THE IDES OF MARCH [March 15th], an infamous date in which Julius Ceasar was assasinated and other famous people in the past causing the phrase to be popularized as BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH. It also became the Feast of Breads for the Jews.

And so, like the Jews in the past, I don't believe it takes anything away from people who believe in Jesus to celebrate his birthday on 12/25 or his death on the wrong date too [on Easter!] because the government becomes responsible for changing the dates and confusion. I believe that the Creator God deals with governments and how people relate to governments. And I also believe that people should be offered the truth in order to know how to regard their government. That's where our individual responsibility rest, in my opinion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back