Black People : Fear of White People In The Ministry of Black Liberation

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    In researching the reasons why the process of our mental liberation has taken so long to bring about, I began looking at many many factors concerning it. I began looking at the various scholars and the work that they have contributed as well as the various movements that we have had in this country also. Finally and last on my list, I began to look at the Black Ministry in this country. I thought about some of the major ministers that we have had and their impact upon the masses of our people.

Quite naturally, I assumed that many of them simply didn't know the truth concerning our people and our history....boy was I wrong! In the work by Dr. Ivan Van Sertima entitled: "Great African Thinkers", which is basically a dedication to Dr. Cheihk Anta Diop, I ran across a photo that deeply disturbed me. On page 290 is a picture of various scholars such as Jan Carew, Larry Williams, Dr. Naim Akbar, Runoko Rashidi, Legrand H. Clegg II, Ivan Van Sertima, Charles Finch, Asa Hilliard and others, just to name a few. What shocked me was that Martin Luther King was also in the photo.

I immediately was like, "WHAT"!? Since King was killed in 1968, this means that the photo was obviously before his death. Since King was surrounded by Afrakan scholars, it also meant something else to me. In my mind I could help but to think out loud that "KING" knew the truth about us as a people...a truth that he never taught in his church or in any of his ministry speeches that are on album. I became deeply disturbed by this.

I immediately got on the phone and called Chicago and St. Louis Missouri to speak with some ministers there that I know and inquired about the photo. My mind was about to be blown away again. I learned that T.D. Jakes, Ray Haggins, Rev. Price and others who have mega churches tend to move in the same circles and that many of them graduated from Historically Black Colleges. I was like; "hold on, are you trying to tell me that these ministers know the truth concerning us as a people"? The brother was like; "In a manner of speaking, yes they do." I came back with; "Hold on, if they know the truth concerning us as a people, why aren't they teaching or preaching this in their churches"? The first answer that I was given was that; "It ain't no money in teaching the truth".

That stunned me as I began to realize that our own people were dumbing us down and that the lining of their pocket was more important than the rising of us as a people. The second answer that I was given was that they were afraid of losing their lives by the teaching of the truth back in the 60's. As such, they took the safe route which was the route of keeping us deaf, dumb and blind with the same stories that we've been religiously fed and what was accepted as being true among our masses.

Right now I'm still digesting and circulating in my mind the reality that was thrust into my thought process that I never knew to be true. So between fear of the white man and the money to be made off of old thinking, thoughts, fables and books which have done nothing for the liberation of our people, we have been purposely kept in the dark by the very people that we have looked to as the stewards of our people.

I'm going to have to end this right here....because right now, I have a lot of thinking to do concerning this. I just wanted to let everyone know what I learned this morning. I don't like it and I'm still trying to find a frame of understanding within myself concerning this issue. What's your thoughts on this??

2. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    That we all can become frustrated and impatient with our current conditions is undeniable. We even deserve to have those kinds of emotions. But I'm not certain if any of us can be assured in the declarative, or at least the suggestion of it, that black preachers are the only ones who's preventing or slowing our mental liberation. Bless your heart my dear Brotha if you haven't run across Brothas with ankhs, so-called Pan Afrikanists and other non-Christian elements in their hands and who are some of the greatest pretenders we have amongst us.

You being a student of the Black Woman's Mysteries, I shouldn't have to remind you in particular how they view the divinity of Black Women.

I will aslo add too that some of these same Brothas have an even greater fear of the "white" drivers of this western set up than the Sunday preacher. Pyramid talk doesn't bestowe or indicate black male courage just like preaching the gospel doesn't demonstrate the lack of it. MLK may have delivered messages without a Kemetic orientation, but who among us can call him a coward? No one. Because the bullet which entered the right side of his face at 6:01 p.m. on April 4, 1968 proves he wasn't a coward.

But with that said, all of us in one way or the other can be characterized as slowing our progress---especially when we refuse to glorify our Black Women. It's just a matter of to what degree.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383

This was very well stated and speaks to and of your maturity, spirituality and insight. I could have very well stated that in all honesty "men or males" are the initial problem of the world today...and that all suffering, wars and the imbalance of life is the result of them (us) on the planet. For many, what I've just stated would be most confusing and would shake the very core of their being because of the reality or illusion of life as it presently is and has been for several thousand years now....beginning before any other people were on the planet.

My knowledge of this keeps me in great pain simply because, of everything that we think that we are dealing with as a people, everything leads back to us as Black men where it initially started and was passed down to others. I am one of the few who understands what the solution must be if we are to actually come up out of this and are to once again be in harmony with our Queens. Obviously Thutmose saw it also as he was the one who tried to bring the Mysteries back into being. Until and unless we as Black men recognize, respect and acknowledge that we are the problem and that we must return to the Mother, the woman, our Queens for our own spiritual liberation and re-harmonization with them, the world as it is will never see peace and all that is will only lead to its destruction and us with it.

Asante Sana (thank you very much)

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    I can't speak for everyone mentioned thus far but in LA, from Seymour to Price and Dr Jean Perez, there has been in Pentecostalism the elevation of the role of Black women in the ministry, which for me was a major reason for my church affiliations. My friend who introduced me to Ablaze is now herself the president of her own ministry.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383

Check this out. You had me laughing for a second there! I'm not even going to perpetrate or look this up...but what exactly is this word here!....(Oentecistalusmvan) I saw this and I was like...dizzzaaam!:)

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587

Sorry but that was a typo and I went back and edited. That should read Pentacostalism.

7. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383

Okay...:lol:...for a moment I was like; I better go back and pick up my vocabulary cause I ain't never seen a word like that...wheh!

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587

This iPhone does its own thing sometimes. Here is more on Seymour.

http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/199904/026_azusa_2.cf

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    As far as a "Fear of White People" is concerned, the ministers I cited from LA have helped many of us overcome that in their ministries. That is what attracted me to them, as well as the prominent roles played by Black women in their congregations.

10. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    pure gold