Black Entertainment : favorite from-hank ballard and the midnighters

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by oldiesman, May 5, 2006.

1. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i'm baaaack,just like i promised and with another classic group from back in the day on the[federal-king]labels,hank ballard who cut the original version of[the twist]before chubby checker,so what's your fav? mine is[teardrops on a letter].

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    I dig Hank's work with James Brown, Oldiesman - like How You Gonna Get Respect(if you haven't cut your process yet), and From the Love Side... The man had a major voice despite all those novelty, Work With Me Annie, Thrill up on the hill type songs(smile!) Of course, I dug them songs too!

BTW, You always asking these questions but you never stay around for a real discussion... What's up with that???(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. oldiesman

Ratings:
    +120
    hank ballard...

hey isaiah,i knew that i would hear from you on this,being the music man that you are,as for the discussions i didn't know that there were any about these artist,so i just post an go an then check back to see who's intrested,i'd love to have some rap on classic soul.

4. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Not a prob, brother... You HAVES come to the right place of the dial fuh dat!(smile!)

Right now, I am composing my playlists for all kinds of genres so that I can play them when I'm in the mood(good song by brother ancestor, Tyrone Davis, right?)...

I got my Soul Ballads, My Soul by every decade starting with the 1960's to present Neo-Soul stuff(or whatever they call this garbage they sing nowadays)... I got FUNK, Jazz, Blues, Soul-Jazz Instrumentals, Latin Soul/Salsa, AFro-Cuban Folkloric, Gospel, and other categories I just made up for when I wanna jam to songs sung and composed in the same vain(Classic Mellow)...and I aint finished yet, so a lot of songs are right there, in my head, at this moment in time... Two of my categories is Philly Soul and Motown Soul, and Chicago Soul is coming... I get a taste for a certain kind of sound, and it's already there in those playlists... You may have a similar set-up too, brother Oldies???

A guy I dig along the lines of Hank, and from the same city, was Little Willie John... Love the way he did FEVER, but my favorite song by this brother was I Need Your Love So Bad... He is SOUL before Sam or even RAY CHARLES on that piece... Swear fo' God, and 12 other white boys, as Redd Foxx would say...LOL!

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. oldiesman

Ratings:
    +120
    favorite from...

i hear ya loud an clear and i too like to do my own little thing with the music as far as having different catergories[jazz-oldies-various artist-slow]i too am a fan of little willie john and so many more greats from back in the day as i will be posting in the days ahead as i'll be looking forward to reading some things from you on the subject and hope to get a good dialog going with the sisters and brothers here who love good music.

6. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Oldies, there are actually a bunch of Soul Music lovers around here, like Mississippi Red and Omowale, as well... Write you thread titles in CAPS, and you can attract their attention... Additionally, we've gotten into some real deep discussions in the CULTURE forums about BLUES and JAZZ, if you're interested...

Peace!
    Isaiah