Omowale Jabali : Fatima and the Prophet in Black or White

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad is an important figure in the History of Africa. It is from her that the Fatimid Dynasty claimed to be the legitimate heirs of al-Islam and established one of the most important centers for learning in Africa, Cairo's Al-Azhar University.

My question is this. There is much controversy among some concerning wheter Yeshua (Joshua, Jesus) is of African ancestry. In contrast, was the Prophet Muhammad a Black man, or a "white man". What about his daughter Fatima?

2. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    This is an interesting topic for a number of reasons.

First of all I think we as AfroAmericans...because we are using a AMERICAN bred racial classification system unheard of in the rest of the world....too often make the mistake of labeling people either "black" or "white".

If Jesus and Abraham weren't white (and we know they weren't) then they MUST have been Black.

The fact is both Jesus and Abraham were Hebrews.
    The Hebrews were a tribe of Sumeria related to the Elamites and Tamils who were dark brown-skinned people of Asiatic descent.

They weren't white, they were dark brown, but they weren't the same race as us.

Muhammad was neither white nor actually Black...despite what Hadith say.

ORIGINAL Arabs were dark brown people (darker than the Hebrews actually) who sprang from the 12 sons of Ishmail.

Ishmail was half Hebrew and half Egyptian (black) and his mother married him to an Egyptian wife who gave him 12 sons and some daughters and THAT began the Arab race.

All the way up to the time of the Prophet the Arab identity remained in tact and everybody know which tribe they came from.
    They were known to be dark brown almost Black people similiar to most of the Bedoin today.

After Arabs Muslims settled over or conquered much of the Middle East and North Africa marrying into various light-skinned tribes like the Phoenician, Assyrians, Chaldeans, Persians, and Berbers...long after the time of the Prophet...THAT'S when Arabs began taking on a lighter appearance.

Because they weren't genetically Arab.

So Prophet Muhammad being an Arab was of Black African ancestry also and under today's racial classification system would be considered Black.

*An interesting sidenote is that most Muslims of the past considered it forbidden to draw pictures of humans and animals and refrained from doing so.

It was the PERSIANS who later started drawing Islamic pictures of angels, demons, and holy prophets including Muhammad from their cultural point of view.
    Quite naturally because the Persians were mostly light skinned, their pictures were that of light skinned people with slant eyes.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

"So Prophet Muhammad being an Arab was of Black African ancestry also and under today's racial classification system would be considered Black."

brother Dual Karnayn,

Thanks again for your response!

I want to post some information concerning the Prophet's Daughter, Fatima but do not know exactly what forum to post it.

I find that there may be problems if I post in "Honoring Our Ancestors" yet, Fatima, being of African (Egyptian/Khemetic) ancestry can be considered as such.

Consider also that the majority of the "Black Muslim" community belong to the Sunni "faith" the Fatimids were Shiite and it is this Persian/"Sufi" influence which influenced the artistry of Egypt during the Fatimid dynasy.

Interestingly enough, many are not aware that there was an earlier Persian/Elamite control over the Nile Valley during the 20th Dynasty which followed the Saite period.

The Fatimids created one of the most miraculous centers of learning, Al-Azhar University.

In fact, upon further studying the writings of Noble Drew Ali, the areas in which he described as the homeland of the "Moors" was actually the very same areas in north Africa which was part of the Fatimid Caliphate.

Since this "Fatimid Dynasty" was of the Shiite Order, of course, I expect those who claim to be "Sunni" to attempt to deny not only the historical significance of Shiite contribution, but the role of the Daughter of the Prophet as well.

Note:

Known today as "Iran", Persia was formerly known in antiquity as Elam. This leads me to ask another question.

Who were the ORIGINAL "Elamites"?

4. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Omowale

To answer your last question first, the Elamites were clearly dark-brown people. Some even say they had wooly hair like Africans.
    Their capital was Susa I believe.

The white Medes/Aryans went down to conquere them like they did the Tamils in India and the Sumerians of Mesopotamia and mixed in with them creating what is today known as Persians.

But you know, until now I never was able to make that connection between the Fatimids and Fatima herself.

I've always heard of the Fatimids and Sassinids and other different little Muslim empires and cultures spawned from the early Caliphate, but didn't make the connection between the Fatimids and Fatima.

Were they all realted to her by blood and marriage or something?

Why did they choose that name?

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Prophet Muhammad was a pitch Black man. Yes Jesus was of African ancestry, during his life the Europeans hadn't invaded that region as fiercfully, so the dark(Black) peoples were predominately more pure. The ruling Romans had the same attitude then as they have now.........hated Blacks or those of abvious African ancestry. Whites didn't oppress their fellow white brethren. He was killed by the Romans because he was a spokesman for Blacks, just like MLK, Malcolm, and various other Black historical figures have "mysteriously" died. The whites during this time weren't ready to share the throne. This is why he was killed. Who else has wooly hair texture?!?! IMO, there is no such thing as an "Arab" race....where do they fit in......with the Mongloids?, Not really. Certainly not full Negroid, nor Caucasoid, therefore (Semi)-tic=1/2, 1/2. I've done a lil research on "Fatima", cuz that's my birth name, and my daughter was born on the winter Solstice, and the last day of Saggitariusis. My father is the Son of Sam, hence my grtandfathers name is Sam. Lawdy, what a quagmire!!! However God is not the author of confusion. So if it confuses you, most likely you know the source of it. Thank you for sharing. Thought provoking:shades:

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    "Fatimid, or Fatimite, dynasty claiming to hold the caliphate on the basis of descent from Fatima, a daughter of Muhammad the Prophet. In doctrine the Fatimids were related to other Shiite sects."

Source:

http://www.answers.com/topic/fatimid

Note: I have other sources as well. However, I am still in a perpetual process of trying to get everything organized.

This article is very interesting. It substantiates a "theory" I have even concerning the origins of the word "Moor"

"Moor" is related to the Egyptian "Mor".

Variants are Moro, and "moran".

Study the Masia, particularly the word used to describe the "warrior class". I am certain these words are related considering,

"Under the Fatimids, Egypt became the center of an empire that included at its peak North Africa, Sicily, Palestine, Syria, the Red Sea coast of Africa, the Yemen and the Hejaz."

Recommended reading: Islam's Black Slaves by Ronald Segal

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Masia, that is to say "Masai", as well as the origin of the language "Swahili".

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

"So if it confuses you, most likely you know the source of it. Thank you for sharing. Thought provoking."

Thanks for your response. I am in no way confused and the purpose of this thread was to "provoke thought". Particularly since very little is known concerning Fatima because it's not in the interest of most Muslims in the West to reveal this other side of the coin.

9. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Just like the Arabs, the original Moors were different than the ones of today.

The original Moors were the Black nomadic tribes of Northern Africa who dwelled in the same lands as the white Amazigh.

They were the first to convert to Islam and help the Arabs conquer and rule southern Europe while most of the Amazigh (Berbers) were still hiding up in the mountains afraid to come down.

Later they converted and when all Muslims were kicked out of Europe back to North Africa, even nearly pure blooded white Spaniard Muslims were classified as Moors.

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

"Later they converted and when all Muslims were kicked out of Europe back to North Africa, even nearly pure blooded white Spaniard Muslims wereclassified as Moors."

As were many so-called dark "Sephardic Jews".