Fathers and their little boys

Coach707

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2006
I have sort of a serious issue. I have a step-son whom I pretty much provide, discipline and nurtue like my own. My issue is, I feel like I should be doing more. Im going to be honest and put my biz out there, I come from a "tough love" enviornment. My parents made sure (by any means necessary!) that when I left home I had respect for adults as well as character to do what was right no matter what. Of course I was not an angel, but I knew where to draw the line.

Its is true, we live in a different time yet I think many people use that as an excuse not to handle their business when it comes to their children. My (step) son is 5 and I have been in his life since he was 2. What I wanna ask is, how important is it for fathers to hug their little boys? Of course my tough love approach is providing much needed discipine and respect, but does this child KNOW that I love him? I am the only father figure in his life right now and I dont want to give him all the tools needed to succeed in life, yet not show him how to love his fellow brother.

What do you guys think?

As a father I believe that it's very important to hug, kiss, and tell your son that you love him. That way he can understand that as a man, you can show your feelings without being weak.

There's nothing gay or weak about doing that! I think the term tough-love gets taken out of context sometimes. Tough-love doesn't equate to no love. If we don't teach our sons how to love, then how are they supposed to be successful husbands and fathers?

What's good Cedric man first let me say you got nothing but respect from me for doing what you doing bruh nothing but respect....

Now.....my Daddy was Old School Mississippi as were the other men who all had a hand in raising me they were good men but hard men ....as a consequence I am a hard man and at times have to remind myself to not treat my kids like they treated me .....I was treated like a man since the time I could walk....now I have 2 sons my baby boy is 7 and my oldest is 11 going on 12 and I am rough with them but at the same time man I tell em I love em everday before I go to work when I drop them at school and I tell them again when I tell them goodnight at bedtime.....I'm always either patting them on the head or hugging em or giving them kisses on the forehead my babyboy likes to hold my hand when we walk around so I hold hands with him......what I'm saying man is make sure them boys know you love em don't take it for granted that they can see it.....tell them verbally and show them physically because that builds that bond between yall for one and it lets them know that no matter what man my Daddy loves me because the world sho as hell don't .......trust me they need it ....I'm the same way with my daughter I don't want my kids to grow up and ask .."why didn't you ever tell me you loved me" or worse man I'd hate if something happened to me or them and I'd never shown them any emotion so I make sure everyday man that I'm with them.....when I see my oldest we shake hands and hug with my babyboy the same ...........

You doing a good thing Bruh hug that lil boy man tell him how you feel about him Bruh kids respect honesty from those of us that take care of them.....and hugs and kisses a good word here and there holding hands letting them sit on your lap and watch tv or reading is real big to them man it really helps them develop into a well balanced emotionally stable person.....

MississippiRed

I came up under tough love but compassionate love from a father
i always show my love for my son to him i also know when to give
him that tough love so he can balance the two and the differents of
them , I give big ups to you for taken on that role and being supportive
as a father would be but also show that sweet side of loving that child
a hug and praise for good things go a long way to shows he can strive
for betterment , keeping the growth of love and honor for a child means
a lot to them by your honest love and devotion give him a big hug and
watch his face light up in smiles .

Tough love can be given in the mist of teaching him moral respect
how to be a man , as you instill manhood into him to love and honor
respect elders and the beauty of women you doing a super job taken
this role and i wish you well bruh !
Tell him how you love him , why you love him and why you give tough love
as well he will understand and have a sense of direction in life as he grow.
peace

MississippiRed said:
What's good Cedric man first let me say you got nothing but respect from me for doing what you doing bruh nothing but respect....

Now.....my Daddy was Old School Mississippi as were the other men who all had a hand in raising me they were good men but hard men ....as a consequence I am a hard man and at times have to remind myself to not treat my kids like they treated me .....I was treated like a man since the time I could walk....now I have 2 sons my baby boy is 7 and my oldest is 11 going on 12 and I am rough with them but at the same time man I tell em I love em everday before I go to work when I drop them at school and I tell them again when I tell them goodnight at bedtime.....I'm always either patting them on the head or hugging em or giving them kisses on the forehead my babyboy likes to hold my hand when we walk around so I hold hands with him......what I'm saying man is make sure them boys know you love em don't take it for granted that they can see it.....tell them verbally and show them physically because that builds that bond between yall for one and it lets them know that no matter what man my Daddy loves me because the world sho as hell don't .......trust me they need it ....I'm the same way with my daughter I don't want my kids to grow up and ask .."why didn't you ever tell me you loved me" or worse man I'd hate if something happened to me or them and I'd never shown them any emotion so I make sure everyday man that I'm with them.....when I see my oldest we shake hands and hug with my babyboy the same ...........

You doing a good thing Bruh hug that lil boy man tell him how you feel about him Bruh kids respect honesty from those of us that take care of them.....and hugs and kisses a good word here and there holding hands letting them sit on your lap and watch tv or reading is real big to them man it really helps them develop into a well balanced emotionally stable person.....

MississippiRed

Your rating Bro. Sip just shot through the roof in terms of my respect for you! :welldone: Brother Coach, I think you knew the answer already because it resided in your heart. I'm sure you read the advice that you were hoping to receive and that you have hugged your son many times over since then! Brother Rich....big props to you too brother.

SEE....where are the researchers and data collectors when they need to be talking to you brothers in terms of fatherhood? You do yourselves proud, you do your children and women proud and you do your people proud! There's far too much negative hype in the media about Black men that we see all too often.

THANK YOU dear brothers for being here and showing us the truth rather than the perpetual lie.

Queenie :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back