Black Short Stories : Fatal Surprises (part 5)

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by me4themind, May 18, 2004.

1. me4themind

me4themind Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    PART V

It was now Sunday evening and Deon still hadn’t heard from his wife. His eyes were blood-shot and the veins were popping up in his forehead. He hadn’t gotten any sleep in over twenty four hours and it was draining him. He was no longer the baby face twenty-nine year old. He had aged ten years in less then a day. As he continued to pace within the foyer, he clutched the cordless phone waiting for it to ring. The few times the phone rang; one call was from his law office and he sent it straight to voicemail , second call was from his boy…voicemail, the last call came up unknown so he quickly answered it…

“Hello?!”

“Hey dawg, I’ve been trying to reach you all day. What happened to you the other night? Last I saw you; you were out on the dance floor with that fly honey.”

****, it was his boy Easton. Music was just blaring in the background.

“What the **** you want man?”

“****…it’s like that? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I’m just going through some **** right now…I have to call you back.” Before his boy could protest, Deon hung up the phone. He didn’t mean to respond to his friend in such an unkind manner but he felt as though Easton was part of the reason why he was in this mess and just wasn’t ready to deal with him right now. Easton was the one that insisted they all go drinking to celebrate the victory of their most high profile case. I should’ve just gone home like I planned. Deon’s idea of celebrating was going home and sexing his wife for countless of hours in every position his mind and body would allow him. However, Mr. Just voted one of Atlanta’s most eligible bachelors wanted to go to The Velvet Room and have his ego stroked by a bunch of money hungry club hoes. If I wouldn’t have gone to that club... **** Easton kept buying all those **** drinks for the group...****! Deon’s fist went crashing straight into the wall. “Aaarrggghhhh….****!” He stared at his white dusty hand which was beginning to bleed at the knuckles. He became dizzy and made his way over to the living room sofa and before his head could hit the cushion, he was comatose.

Chantal eyes gradually opened and were greeted by the moon light streaming through the bedroom window. What time is it? Her eyes scanned the room looking for a clock. She caught sight of an alarm clock on the dresser across the room. 8:52pm…****…I have to get out of here. Chantal looked over at Kyla who was sound asleep and quietly slide out of the bed. As she reached down to grab her belongings, Kyla stirred and Chantal halted. Once Kyla was back at rest, she exhaled, successfully collected her belongings, and crept out the room. Before exiting the room, she took one last look back. What they shared was pleasurable and fulfilled her longtime hidden fantasy but she loved her husband and wanted to get back to him. There was a lot that they needed to talk about. This was definitely a door she was going to have to close eternally. Once I walk out this house there is no looking back. She slowly closed the door to the bedroom and made her way downstairs into the living room to gather the rest of her possessions. ****…where is my other shoe? She began searching around the living room but couldn’t spot it anywhere. She tried to retrace her steps but her memory was completely fogged. Hmmm…maybe it got pushed under the sofa. She reached her hand under the sofa, blindly searching for her other shoe. Her hand landed on a mysterious item. She pulled it out from under the sofa and her heart nearly leaped out her chest. She fell back onto her heels and just held the object in her hand. Oh my God!

TBC...

2. NoExQSays

NoExQSays New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Awwwww! How ya' gonna leave us hangin'!?! Naughty, you're one cruel woman... which makes you normal, I guess. Keep up the good work.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    whoa dis was tyte bring on da rest !!!