Black Short Stories : Fatal Surprise (Part VII)

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by me4themind, Jun 8, 2004.

1. me4themind

me4themind Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    PART VII

Deon sat in the waiting room with his head propped up against the wall and his eyes tightly closed. He was battling an overwhelming sense of guilt. He thought, If only I could turn back the hands of time. However, he knew that wasn’t possible and he was going to have to deal with the here and now of the situation.

“Mr. Waller?” ​

Deon’s eyes flashed open and met with the weary gaze of a middle aged Caucasian man. His salt and pepper hair gave him a distinguished look. But his eyes were what made Deon’s heart race; they disclosed mourning.

“Mr. Waller, my name is Dr. Schaffer…”​

“Dr. How is my wife?”​

“Your wife was brought in with massive trauma to the head and a shattered rib. We’ve managed to control the internal bleeding and have her stabilized for now however she is in a comma. There is no telling how long she will be in an unconscious state or exactly the extent of her injuries at this present time. We are currently waiting on the results from her cat scan…”​

As Deon stood there the room became went from an orchestra of clamor to a place of a chilling silence. The doctor’s lips were moving but he didn’t hear the any words emerging. No more did he hear the pregnant woman across the way doing her breathing exercises or the squeaking of the nurse’s hospital shoes as they walked by. The doctor placed a hand on his shoulder and guided him back down to his seat. Deon positioned his face into his hands and tried to shake off the sudden deafness.

“…Waller? Mr. Waller. Mr. Waller!” Deon’s hearing came back full force. “Mr. Waller!”​

“Huh? I mean yes.”​

“Do you think you are strong enough to visit with your wife? I want you to talk to her, give her the drive she needs to live.”​

“But doc will she be able to hear me?”​

“Observations have shown that even in a state of a comma, some individuals still respond to outside stimulus such as the sound of a love ones voice. At this point son, it doesn’t hurt to try.”​

Deon followed the doctor through the double doors and down a lengthy colorless corridor. When they arrived in front of the Intensive Care Unit, Deon paused and said a quick prayer to give him courage for what he was about to see. As he stepped into the room, his world came crashing in…

TBC…

2. me4themind

me4themind Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    We are nearing the end.

Sorry it's took so long for this chapter. I had to regroup after finals. Next is the final chapter.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    word up this story is tyte waiting on the final chapter