Black Short Stories : Fatal Attraction

krazelyricks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
da south............ATL
Occupation
student
Felicia:

How in the hell did I get here? The air was dry and the women in the room all had blink faces like me. As I looked around I wondered were they having doubts like I was. There were five of us in the room. Four blacks and one white was there. I was so down that I almost wanted to cry. I didn't want them to go in and take what was inside me out but they had to. I didn't want to raise a child by myself.

Five months ago I had my boyfriend Termaine by my side and we were happy. We were engaged. Right now I bet you're wondering why and how in the hell did I get in an abortion clinic all by myself, huh. You sure you want to know? Well, okay. It's complicated so you have to keep up, okay? Here it goes.......
It started five months ago, Termaine, my dear Termaine and I were just moving in to our new place on the southside of Atlanta. It was cool. It was small but it was a whole lot better than my apartment on the westside of Montgomery where crime was at it's highest. I had moved up like the Jeffersons because my baby had gotten a promotion at his law firm and asked me to marry him and move in with him.

We were carrying in the last of our boxes from the truck when a slim light skinned lady who looked about 26 years old like us approached us with a smile. She had naturally long hair and soft dimples on her cheeks as she smiled at us. She looked so innocent as she approached us with a warm welcome that I thought nothing of it.

"Hey there, my name is Neicey. It's good to see someone else around here like me. You don't see people our color around these parts much so of course you know I had to welcome you all. I just moved in too yesterday."

I smiled at her and Termaine just stared. I wondered what was up with him. "Thank you Neicey, my name is Felicia. This is my fiance Termaine." I said.

I looked over at Termaine to say something but again he was just staring so I coughed under my breath. He snapped out of it. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's nice to meet you Neicey." He finally said.

Termaine:

I can't believe she had to nerve to approach us. The last time I saw Neicey was a month ago when I asked Felicia to marry me. I told her that I couldn't see her anymore and I could have sworn she had a nervous break down. She was crying all over the place and grabbing at my legs as I was walking out the door. You would have sworn we were seeing each other for years by the way she was acting instead of the two months it was. I met Neicey one night while I was at a club with some co- workers, my best friends Mike and Trey. We started talking and before you knew it we were in a hotel room. That's right, she gave it up on the first night. So you can see why I could never get with her, right? Anyway, after I left her I had to change my number twice and she still got it. She's been calling my office everyday trying to talk to me but I always tell my secretary to put her to voice mail. She even had the nerve to cause a scene at the law firm about a month ago. I had to call sercurity on her. Now I have to stay by her, that's some B.S.

"Nice to meet you Termaine." Neicey said innocently.

"Yes, well I'll see you later. Felicia we have to finish packing. We will see you later Neicey. Have a good day." I told her.

"Yes, we do have a lot of packing to do honey. I guess we will see you later." Felicia said. She went to pick up a box and then she stopped. " You know what, how about you come over for dinner tomorrow? I can't wait to cook on my new stove. It will be an adventure for all of us. How about it?" She smiled.

I almost dropped my box when she said that. "Oh no!!" I said quickly.

Felicia turned to me and gave me a look of confusion. "What?!" She said as she swung her head with quickness.

I had to think quickly so I smiled and said, "I mean, I wanted to take you out to dinner honey. We need to straighten up first anyway before we have guest baby."

Her facial expression softened a little. "Oh, that's right baby. I still want you by though. You're right, there aren't hardly any blacks here. We have to stick together girl." Felicia laughed.

I didn't. There was nothing funny about this situation or what she said to me. When she looked over to me though I couldn't help but to put on a fake smile. I avoided eye contact with Neicey the whole time.

"Oh, that's cool with me. I'll see you later. I stay in 4B. Come by tonight and we can watch television or something. Okay, bye." Neicey said as she walked away.

I watched her walk away. While Felicia was bending down to get her box Neicey turned around and blew a kiss to me. I quickly turned around and started to pick up my box. I was in love with Felicia. Neicey was nothing but a fling, no better yet, a two month stand.

"She seems nice." Felicia said as she walked up the stairs.

"What? Huh?" I said snapping back to reality.

"I said, she seems nice." Felicia said.

I smirked under my breath. "Yeah, she does." I said as I followed her.

To be continued...........

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back