Black People : Fat Fiancees

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by c-note, Jan 12, 2007.

1. c-note

c-note Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    is an interesting documentary I recently saw about the Hima people of Western Uganda. In their culture, the bigger a woman is, the more beautiful she is. They ritually "fatten up" a bride before her marriage so she will be as beautiful as possible to her intended. I am not advocating obesity, but how different and perhaps refreshing it would be to live in a culture that is not obsessed with the thin body type that dominates ours. I couldn't help but be tickled when one of the men in the film said 'A fat woman can not be ugly'.

At any rate, the documentary will be repeated this month on the Discovery Times channel. Check it out if you can.

Any thoughts?

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i know many african brothers and ALOT of them love bigger women.

3. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I Saw......

this documentary and was astounded!
    I was pleased on the one hand that big is considered beautiful BUT the girl (19 years old) featured wanted to continue her education and to go on to teach and she was not allowed to do that. Instead she was sentenced to the "fattening hut" for 4 months where she was forced to drink milk almost hourly or be beaten by her Grandmother. When she brought up the issue of spousal abuse-her own Mother told her to suffer silently through it AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES was she to do anything that would make her Father have to return the 10 cows paid as her dowry. I believe at one point her Father even said the cows were more important than his own daughter--that hurt my heart.

4. rapchild

rapchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Ratings:
    +209
    yes we love bigger women,thick women..

slim thick big skinny we love em all

but skinny shd gain a lil weight...no body wants a bonny girl atleast no me.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fat fiancees documentary