Black Short Stories : Fast Lanes - Pt2

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Legacy21, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Legacy21

Legacy21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Poet All Day, Everyday
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sunday afternoon Tyree was whistling in admiration at the purple Corvette Korey had snagged from one of Detroit’s biggest ballers. The Corvette was known throughout the city with its multi-colored globe light. No one had ever thought to steal this way too recognizable vehicle, but there was a buyer who coveted this very Corvette. An order was an order, and Korey always fulfilled his contracts no matter the difficulties or circumstances. He had given a passing thought to the hell that was being raised by now.

Tyree was not to strip the vehicle, but do a clean paint job on it, and have the interior redone in cream leather. The buyer was not brash enough to keep it in its original condition, but he was insistent upon keeping the flashing globe light. Tyree laughed as Korey said dubiously, “Ole boy better hope he never runs into that cat. If Big Boy thinks like I do, then I would know my ride no matter what alterations had been made.”

Tyree genuinely liked his friend’s style. Korey kept everything smooth and uncomplicated. Korey was one of the biggest car thieves in the city, and yet no one, but those who dealt in business with him knew about his notoriety. Korey’s number one rule was to remain on the low key as much as possible. It would have been too great of a risk to let his reputation come too far into the light. Korey liked to keep an air of secretiveness about himself and his lifestyle. Korey kept everyone away from his family, and most of his associates were shocked to find out about his mother and sister on the rare occasions he mentioned them. He realized that with the lifestyle he lead might one day have repercussions, and he sure as hell would not have them coming back to plague his family.

“I tell you, boy, you a got **** Don!” Tyree declared heartily. Korey had finished the contract cleanly with hours to spare on the deadline. After having heard Korey’s close shave with the F150 he had slapped his hands together, and laughed with disbelief. His admiration of Korey had increased a hundred fold. He decided to tag on a bonus to Korey’s already lucrative fee just for his trouble. Korey was grinning ear to ear, and was still excited from the last two jobs.

These big orders always made his job much more exciting and increased his bankroll astonishingly. Tomorrow a cool $8,000 dollars would be wired and waiting in his bank account, plus the $500.00 bonus. Korey planned on taking his little sister shopping sometime next week. He thought of Egypt and wondered how she respond to a gift. He shook his head with a smile, and thought, Tyree’s foolishness must be getting to me. It would probably be some weeks before Korey landed another sweet deal, but he did not mind. Korey was never broke, and he never flaunted his cash. He did not have a girlfriend leeching his funds, and if he did indulge it was usually his little sister and on holidays his mother. Korey liked quality things, but was not obsessed with material possessions.

He watched as Tyree deftly performed an underhood check. Tyree was definitely a expert at cars. If ever there was a man with a Midas touch for vehicles, it was Tyree. Tyree could probably go through all the motions of dismantling and reassembling cars blindfolded, and with one hand tied. The boy was bad, and people from all over came to him on legal and illegal business. Korey knew that his job hot wiring the cars was nothing compared to the tedious and detailed work Tyree performed all on his own in the garage. Tyree performed as tenderly as an attentive lover on the cars brought under his charge. There was not a contract venture he and Korey had failed to meet, and surpass to date. With Egypt always developing new security mechanisms, and wiring gear for Korey and Tyree they were a powerful business triad. Korey mused, that if they actually went into a business venture legally that might just take Wall Street by storm.

He laughed at his farfetched thoughts, but in his own mind he realized how ingenious and talented they all were. He could not blame Egypt for aspiring to more relevant and broad scale goals. The loud gunning of the Corvette’s engine interrupted his thoughts, and he watched the immense look of satisfaction and pleasure on Tyree’s face.
    “****, this ***** got mad kick!” he exclaimed and set Korey to chuckling. Korey could identify with his friend’s appeal to the sleek, power of the Corvette.

Last night as he had raced through the darkness in the Corvette at a dizzying speed, he had been heady with excitement and delight. The drive was parallel to none he had ever experienced. Korey’s most coveted desire was to be able to wire a Lamborghini one-day. Those spectacular vehicles were far and few between, but Korey was willing to make the rare over the state line trip to obtain one. He had seen a silver one streaking over a highway when he had been in Ohio a few years ago. The car moved like hurtling nitrogen, and took to curves like spandex on sweetly rounded hips.

For Korey cars were actually better than sex any day. Korey licked his full lips, and felt his blood running hot. He suddenly had the desire to take Egypt on a high-speed trip to Belle Isle. He envisioned her lithe, graceful brown body stretched before him on the leather back seat of his car. Her naked flesh was lovely down to their deep brown pores, and all he could see was legs for days and days.... God! He felt warm, and could not believe how aroused he had become at the thought of speed driving, and ofcourse the thought of Egypt was enough to make any man sweat.

Korey had momentarily lost his sense of reasoning, and was in a hurry to depart from his friends company. Usually he would hang around, and watch his friend work as they talked and laughed, but right now he could not be still.
    “Yo dawg” he said abruptly, “I gotta be out.”
    Tyree gave him a puzzled glance, but did not say anything as he put down a blowtorch, and went over to roll up the gate for Korey. “I’ll check you later man. I’ll call you if a new order comes up, aight?” he said to Korey before he pulled out.
    “Yeah, bet that.” Korey said shortly, and was gone at break neck speed.
    Tyree grinned and shook his head, and chuckled as he said: “I hope that ***** get’s some, cause his hyper *** needs it.”
    Egypt had just finished running a test trial of a new program she had developed to ensnare viruses. The thundering knock on her apartment door caused her to look up from her intense notation with annoyance. “Who the hell is it!” she snapped flinging open the door. She was surprised to see Korey standing in her doorway with a glittering she had never seen in his eyes before.

“Korey, what are you doing here? Damnit you ain’t have to be knockin’ like you the got damned police or something” she complained as she let him in. “I’m sorry, but look, check this out Miss Lady. Put on some shoes, and let’s ride.” he said as a command, and not as an request. Ordinarily, if any other man had come through her door the way Korey just had she would have cursed him out on the spot.

This was a side of Korey she had never seen it, and it felt strange, but she was not angered. She gazed at him queerly and asked, “Boy what fire got into you?”. Korey fixed his stunning black eyes on her directly, and said, “You coming with me or what? I wanna take you on a trip to Belle Isle.” he said with an uncharacteristic bluntness. Egypt did not know whether to laugh or protest. He had not cracked a smile. “Just all of the sudden you wanna mob to Belle Isle? Why me?” she asked with a half smile. His eyes seemed to bore right into her as he leaned closed to her and said in a quiet voice, “Cause you was on my mind, and I want you there with me. Now get your shoes on, or are you gonna make me beg?

The last soft note in his deepened voice caused a shiver to race down her spine. The intensity of his gaze had ruffled her in a way it never had before. “Okay, give me a sec.” she said simply, and as she headed to slip her feet into a pair of sandals she still did not understand what was happening between them.

Moments later they were roaring away from her street with Tupac blasting in their ears. Her own heartbeat increased as Korey drove swiftly, yet with adeptness. The high speeds mixed with the warm May breezes, and sun kissed blue skies was absolutely intoxicating. In no time at all they had crossed the bridge, and were cruising around the Isle. Korey easily guided the Monte Carlo around curved pathways until he reached a dusty path through a densely wooded area.

Tall trees spread their branches in a canopy over the path. The setting sun cast a netted design upon the ground through the glossy green leaves of the trees. They passed water filled canals and small graystone bridges as he continued more deeply into the woods. The whole time they had been silent except for very light conversation on the drive. Finally they came upon a clearing with a breathtaking view of the sunset and Canada across the dancing dark blue waters of the Detroit River. The sky was a glorious canvas splashed with deep pinks, purples, and streaks of red and gold. Clouds faded into light puffs of cotton, and dissolved before the sharp rays of the evening sun. A few butterflies flitted about in the clearing and the mournful call of seagulls could be heard from afar.

The natural beauty dazzling in her eyes captivated Egypt. She barely noticed as Korey was unpacking a blanket, a covered wicker basket, and a small ice chest. “Beautiful, isn’t it?” he asked simply as he spread the blanket over a lush expanse of grass. “Yes, it is.” she breathed turning to face Korey. She gave a small gasp of pleasure as she saw him setting out the contents of the wicker basket and ice chest, a bottle of Moet, two crystal flutes, a platter of cheese, meats, and fruit, and a fresh baked loaf of crusty bread with a tub of honey butter. Her hands were clasped at her chest as she eyed the delectable spread. “Oh Korey, you did not have to do this....” she trailed off her eyes sparkling with pleasure. Korey gave her a small smile and gestured for her to sit down. “I wanted to,” he said simply as he seated himself beside her on the blanket.

Egypt smiled as he filled the flutes with golden liquid Moet, and graciously accepted the flute extended to her. She sighed in a rare moment of perfect relaxation and peace as she gazed across the water. Korey watched her expression out the corner of his eye as he sipped his drink, and was glad he had brought her here. He had never seen Egypt so mellow before. They conversed easily as they feasted on the cheese, meats, fruit and bread, enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery. He selected a fat, red strawberry from the platter and asked lightly, “Strawberry?” Egypt’s full mouth curved upward as she replied, “Yes, thank you.” She started to take the berry from him, but he shook his head and Egypt blinked in confusion. “I’m gonna feed it to you.” he laughed and Egypt’s eyes widened for a moment, but she did not protest as he brought the bright fruit to her succulent lips. Korey watched her full lips wrap around the fruit, and he wanted to kiss her. ****, he thought, I never knew anybody could make eating a strawberry look so good. Egypt’s eyes glowed with amusement as she noticed his expression. She delicately picked a wedge of cheese off the platter, and raised it to his lips. “My turn”, she purred with twinkling eyes. Korey accepted the wedge of cheddar, and captured her finger between his lips.

Her eyes locked with his in an intense gaze as she slowly withdrew her finger from his mouth. Korey caught her hand, and kissed its palm softly as he gazed into her eyes. “Egypt you are as beautiful as the setting sun.” he said in a low voice. She stared back at him her eyes soft and dark as melted chocolate. “Korey....” she whispered, but he cut her off with a gentle kiss. As his lips touched hers a tingling raced through their bodies. Korey never released her lips as he moved closer to her, wrapping his arms around her slender waist. Egypt sighed deeply and ran her hands over his neck, face, and hair. Korey parted her lips with his tongue, and Egypt pressed her body closer to his as she kissed him back passionately. Korey’s heartbeat was increasing, as he continued to kiss her deeper and more forcefully. He had never experienced anything like this before, and was surprised by the passion he felt.

Egypt sighed deeply as his fingers caressed her hair, and trailed up and down her spine. It felt as if every pore on her body was alive, and responding to Korey’s kisses. He finally moved his mouth away from hers to kiss her forehead, cheeks, neck, and collarbone. Egypt’s blood raced with excitement, and she could barely speak. “K-Korey,” she whispered as he feasted on the flesh in the valley between her breasts that her sundress exposed. He gave a muffled response, and she licked her lips trying to speak louder. “Korey, sweetie, hold up...” she said gently pushing against him.

Finally he glanced up at her with a dazed expression. “Yeah, oh..Egypt.....I am sorry....” he begin as his senses returned. His head was spinning and he felt so much for this woman, right now! She cupped his face in her hands and smiled gently, “Don’t apologize. I must have wanted this even more than you. I just never thought you liked me this much. It’s so surprising, and it feels like it’s been a long time coming. You know this changes things between us, don’t you?” she inquired lightly. Korey stared into her dark eyes for a moment.

This did change things between them. Before they had maintained a professional relationship, and in time had managed to form a close friendship, but this was something entirely different. Was there something more here than physical attraction, and could they remain friends now that their passions had come bubbling to the surface? Korey was not usually impulsive, but in his heart and mind he did not give a **** about how their professional relationship or friendship changed. He only knew that he wanted her right now, and she was the only thing that mattered to him at the moment. “Maybe so, but honestly, baby, I don’t care about that right now. All I know is that I want you, and I know you are feeling this thing between us. I realize we have both been kinda logical and guarded for most of our lives, but let’s drop the pretense and let this thing flow. I admit, I never thought you would respond to me this way, and just lately I have been having these new thoughts about you. Maybe this is our time to drop our guards, and just get raw with each other. Baby, I am willing to try if you want this as bad as I do.” he said frankly. Egypt gazed searchingly into his eyes. She did not mean to sound so serious, but it had been so long since a guy had aroused her so much.

Egypt in all her fiery beauty guarded a sensitive heart and soul. She had plenty of men she dated casually and male friends, but none she allowed to come close to her heart in a romantic way. She had always viewed Korey as a business partner, then a friend, and had come to regard him as a brother, but now in this new light, he was most definitely a man. A man I want **** bad, she thought as she gazed at his fine chiseled features and shivered inside.

She knew this was one battle against her desire she was about to lose. She was tired of being reasonable, and maybe things would not go too far between them....but now she did not care as she reached up to kiss him. “I do want it” she whispered as their lips met in a deep kiss. Underneath the darkening skies of Belle Isle Korey laid Egypt down on the blanket kissing her slowly and passionately.

They caressed each other tenderly, and enjoyed the feel and warmth of one another's bodies. The stars dazzled in the blackness now as they joined in a timeless sensual rhythm. Korey held Egypt as close to him as possible, whispering sweet words into her ear and hair. She clutched at his strong shoulders, her long legs cradling his waist as they moved together in an exquisite dance. Korey opened his eyes, and fell into the star dusted nexus of Egypt’s gaze as she bit back a cry of pleasure. He tasted the full sweetness of her lips, and buried his face into the smooth hollow of her throat. The cool breezes off the water whipped over the silky wetness of their bodies adding to the intensity of their lovemaking. As they crested on the overwhelming waves of passion Korey and Egypt breathed together, whispering one another’s names, as they released themselves into the creaminess of ecstasy.

Exhausted and shaken they lay together in the pale moonlight. Korey kissed Egypt tenderly, and tucked the blanket about their soaking wet bodies. Hugging her close to his strong body they gazed up at the endless diamond filled sky and sighed peacefully with the winds rushing through the trees.

2. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    WOOOAAAAA!!!!! GIVE ME MORE!!!!!

3. alter

alter Well-Known Member MEMBER

insurrection
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm impressed. you continue to hone your craft, chantay. crystal clear prose, with heart and soul. kudos!

4. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member MEMBER

journalism student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lovin this. Where's part 3???

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hot off da press mo mo mo !!!
    pt.3 please

6. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    fast lane vroooooooooooom vrooooooooom !!
    more more more pt 3 pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!