Black People : Farrakhan on whites telling Blacks to go back to Africa

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, May 9, 2012.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Timely.

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Actually, I tell them now to go someplace else, and it ain't nice there.

4. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    detroit?

5. TruthRightsJustice

TruthRightsJustice Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings, good evening.

May I please add my two cents, (tho it may be worth zero cents lol)?

Indeed.
    @ :58, I saw no reason for Min. Farrakhan to have to make the 'disclaimer' about not trying to be disrespectful because- where is the disrespect? He is doing nothing more than speaking a TRUTH that was/is necessary to be spoken. (I'm not criticizing him for making the disclaimer at all, I'm criticizing the fact that it was necessary to make it in the first place, if ya take my meaning).

The gentleman speaking initially, yep, it's so True. When 'white' people are being resistant and don't want to hear what one has to say (ie., truth/facts), they are not going to hear it and are not going to give one the chance to speak it; one gets shut out one way or another. How does one teach and/or reason Truth to those who do not wish to be taught/reasoned with?! :icon9: When I hear 'white' people talk ish about people here in the U.S. from the Central American countries (e.g, Mexico) talking about 'go home' I tell said people making the comments that they're already home, if they think about it....and then 'ask' them where their family comes from......there's always this confused look as I walk away after. :10900:

Bless.

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Please, but what you do, or how do you respond to Black folk when they say the same thing!!!--to Blacks people for not liking some of the evil things this system has done. I think this youtube is on the money because it sort of hits at a flip side too. You've got Black folks who love this system so much, they are the very ones telling other black folk, 'why don't you leave if you don't like this wonderful great system'.

You got Black folk who love this White Supremacist system and believe in it, and protect it more so than some White racist will, and all the while they claim to be pro-Black and can speak about negative racist things to but, are aggressive and want to shut up another Black person's voice on racist issues. This is what I see. In my opinion, you can't fight racism if you aren't willing deal with this aspect as well.

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Peace Chevron Dove..

I understand what you are saying.. but I don't know that their are many black people that actually "Love" this system.. but when you factor in the truth that each of us has to.. in some capacity.. negotiate an existence with this System.. meaning.. we have to etch our place within it in order to survive.. if you look at it from that angle.. what you see is folks defending the existence that they have negotiated.. not loving the system.. but understanding that the system is our reality. There are millions of black people that have, if not wonderful lives, at least workeable lives within this system.. that have enough money.. or power.. or influence.. or freedom.. or relative certainty.. to sleep comfortable at night.. and it's from that context that they look out into the black world. Even among the ones with very little, you'll find that people will often choose certainty over uncertainty; A bird in the hand.. the saying goes..

A threat to a system of chaos with no guarantee of future calm is cause for uncertainty.. and uncertainty is the foundation of fear.. and fear is the foundation for most things we abhor. In a survival situation.. folks will most often take the guarantee of survival over the possibility of survival.

Remember.. black people know how to live in this system.. The bulk of us know how to stay out of their sites.. out of their jails.. out of their bad graces.. the wisdom of survival has been passed down to us from generations of survivors and is encoded in the cultural customs and practices of our families.. Grandmo whooped you with a switch because she had to convey to you the importance of obedience.. such close attention was paid to your outward appearance because the neater you were, the less threatening you looked.. your hair had to be straight because it made you look less like an African and thus more acceptable to them.. etc... And back when we lived together in our own communities.. back when they wanted nothing to do with us.. those survival lessons were always in our ears.. every part of our communities.. every structure.. every institution.. every Elder.. every success.. reeked of the scent of survival.. "cut this.. and tuck that.. and look here.. not there.. and be this.. and not that.. and there you go." And so we persisted.. we survived.. and we resisted.. but there was a maturity to our resistance.. because of our adherence to the lessons encoded in our cultural skin, we recognized that the primary component of our resistance was our continued survival. And so survival was placed on a pedastal above pride.. and above vengeance.. above anger.. above everything. And so.. once again, we were pryed apart, split up and redistributed throughout the society.. and.. once again.. we lost our land.. our language.. our culture.. Our power was dismantled and distributed.. once again.. Our strength has always emanated from togetherness.. from unity.. they knew that then.. and they know that now.. but over the last 40 or so years.. we have forgotten.. and the new generation will never even know that we ever knew.

.. you know I ramble.. but back to your question:

I think the way to respond to this kind of thing from a black person is not with words but with recognition... take it as information to be plotted along side the other things that you know of them.. and use it all to triangulate their position.. to know where they are. Consider it a peek behind their psychological curtain.. and let it color your perception of them and your interpretation of the things they say.. have said.. and won't say. Allow the information to render for you a more complete picture of their meanings and intentions.

- Peace again

8. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace TruthRightsJustice

Min. Farrakhan has to do his lamb of god routine to balance out his hard language.. it's actually subverted expression.. that's what the smiles and and soft voice are all about.. it's strategy.. and it's why he's still alive. He could be demonized and taken out very easily.. so his words have to be taken as just words and never coupled with any action or any real anger.. at least not when white folks is in the room..

peace again.. and welcome to Destee..

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    i will be reading this again because it's like medicine.

I like your ramblings! thank you.

10. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    I call that a passive-agressive tact, however:

BAM!!, goes the hammer on the nail's head!