Black People : Farrakhan issues pointed warning, guidance in perilous times

Seneb

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 14, 2007
MEMPHIS (FinalCall.com) - The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan issued blunt warnings Oct. 18—commemorating the 14th anniversary of the Million Man March—to the United States government, to the Black community at large, and to Black clergy and other leaders, that conditions today in this country are as bad as they were before the historic march, except that now there is not enough time to stage another march to save us.

“The vision of 1985 was the driving force behind the actions that we took, but 14 years later as we meet here in Memphis, Tenn., we are now at the same crossroads again, where now the killings have gone back up. The crime rate that went down after the Million Man March has gone back up.

“When people see our young Black men, they recoil. They're afraid now because the violence in the inner cities has gotten out of control,” the 76-year-old Nation of Islam leader told more than 7,000 during a two and a half hour address at the Cook Convention Center here. “Now, the killings have increased in all the major cities of America, and leading Black thinkers are now calling for the National Guard.

“Let me say something to you. You elders that have abandoned responsibility to our children; preachers that don't want youth in the church because they don't tithe, so we don't go after them to save them; leaders who lead for the people that give money to their organizations; I want you to hear me, because the chastisement of God has entered America. One calamity after another, as fast as one goes, another one is coming.

“Let me tell you. You think Farrakhan is some nut. You think that my teacher, Elijah Muhammad was some crazy man. But every one of you will have to bear witness before long that God did indeed visit America, and indeed he raised up a Messenger from among us who is the promised Messiah,” Minister Farrakhan said.

Black people in this country must not become satisfied with the election of President Barack Obama—the nation's first Black president, Min. Farrakhan explained. “This can pacify you and lull you to sleep in a dangerous time, making you think that we live in a post-racial America when the opposite is true.”

Min. Farrakhan also had a warning for Pres. Obama. “The shock of the hour is a grievous thing. It's coming to America. I'm saying to my president, my brother: as I told you back in February, try to find a way to get out of Afghanistan in a way that saves the face of America.

To read the full and complete article:
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/Farrakhan_issues_warning_6512.shtml

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back