Status
Not open for further replies.

MANASIAC

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 10, 2004
ATL SHAWTY! Mr. Coli Park
Occupation
Technical Analyst
AnAfrican I understand your sentiments about commerical opertating systems, but the truth of the matter is that, open source solutions are not viable for every situation. They are times when Open Source is good and when Open Source is Bad. Windows XP is not a perfect OS, and now one is claiming that it is, but if it works for some people, then it just works. People already have a hard time using windows, they cannot even fathom using Open Source.

Some users do not have the skill level that you have, in order to implement open source solutions. Moreover, the other issues the security, virus and other issues you addressed are important, but they can be prevented when using a Windows OS.

For all those people who want their PC Problems fixed please email me Directly at Immaculute@Hotmail.com, I will no longer be posting to this forum, because I am just plain out tired of hearing AnAfrican regurgitate stuff he has read from Usenet or Slashdot.org. Especially from a guy who claims to be an open source wizard but he uses boo boo FreeBSD. Anyone in the open source community knows that FreeBSD is not special...

If my time permits members of Destee.com, I will help you with any PC problems that you may have, and you will not have to hear a conspiracy theory about computer science.

AnAfrica we should not spend our time attempting to convert people from their ease of use with their current technology. People are already afraid of Technology, and purported idealogy will only lead them further away from it. If we simply provide a resource for education, awareness and support for computer users. These users will evenutally venture into other computer technologies as they see fit.

Manasiac :uzi:

"cya wouldn't want ta be ya" at the new jack bridge

it's evident that there isn't much behind what you seem to be trying to say if you have to resort to the sort of polemic that you're throwing.

thank you, too, for doing what you can to tear down my interests in introducing folks to the computer underlying that desktop.

more power to the uplifting of the Black folks getting to know this knowledge! as long as there are gonna be folk around saying that nobody needs to know nothing but "point and click" y'all just feeding into the white party line.

go ahead on out. thanks to you, and this response, this whole idea will just die, now, and folks are gonna stay dependant on non black folks for tech knowledge.

thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back