Science and Technology : Farewell To This Forum, But not To Destee.Com

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by MANASIAC, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    AnAfrican I understand your sentiments about commerical opertating systems, but the truth of the matter is that, open source solutions are not viable for every situation. They are times when Open Source is good and when Open Source is Bad. Windows XP is not a perfect OS, and now one is claiming that it is, but if it works for some people, then it just works. People already have a hard time using windows, they cannot even fathom using Open Source.

Some users do not have the skill level that you have, in order to implement open source solutions. Moreover, the other issues the security, virus and other issues you addressed are important, but they can be prevented when using a Windows OS.

For all those people who want their PC Problems fixed please email me Directly at [email protected], I will no longer be posting to this forum, because I am just plain out tired of hearing AnAfrican regurgitate stuff he has read from Usenet or Slashdot.org. Especially from a guy who claims to be an open source wizard but he uses boo boo FreeBSD. Anyone in the open source community knows that FreeBSD is not special...

If my time permits members of Destee.com, I will help you with any PC problems that you may have, and you will not have to hear a conspiracy theory about computer science.

AnAfrica we should not spend our time attempting to convert people from their ease of use with their current technology. People are already afraid of Technology, and purported idealogy will only lead them further away from it. If we simply provide a resource for education, awareness and support for computer users. These users will evenutally venture into other computer technologies as they see fit.

Manasiac :uzi:

2. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Mani QQn Get on back over here !!!
    Family need your help. Don't let no one stop you from sharing with Destee.com....

Peace
    Angel

3. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Dang... I sho hate y'all have to be at odds bout sharing knowlede. It's all about choices, the more knowledge the better, that's the goal here right.

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    lQQKin

goodness, ....*soundin like Rodney King* can't we all jus get along?
    :heart:

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "cya wouldn't want ta be ya" at the new jack bridge

it's evident that there isn't much behind what you seem to be trying to say if you have to resort to the sort of polemic that you're throwing.

thank you, too, for doing what you can to tear down my interests in introducing folks to the computer underlying that desktop.

more power to the uplifting of the Black folks getting to know this knowledge! as long as there are gonna be folk around saying that nobody needs to know nothing but "point and click" y'all just feeding into the white party line.

go ahead on out. thanks to you, and this response, this whole idea will just die, now, and folks are gonna stay dependant on non black folks for tech knowledge.

thank you very much!

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    one question, do you feel totally blameless?
    do you bear any responsibility for the situation?

7. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    no, i'm not blameless. sure, i bear responsiblity.

for having the idiotic audacity to dare think that someone might be interested in getting to KNOW something about this mess that microsoft has foisted off on you. but, if y'all would rather listen to the white man tell you that this software is the way to go, then fine.

guess the idea of a black hardware/software giant ain't gonna happen with this sort of support.

so sad; any time i'm around black folks too many menfolks just turn into boys!

8. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    guess not; so upset about the mess we under that seems some have to turn on anything that any of us try to do that's positive.

and it's funny; as much as i have tried to post in here, NOW the forum gets some action - but only to tear me down? gee thanks! (that ain't pointed at you, nita)

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Family,

There is enough room in this community and forum, for many schools of thought ... it's proven all throughout this place.

This technology is so vast, providing many with the opportunity to choose a particular area of interest, never really having to deal with the other, unless you just wanted to.

Add to this the many different styles and ways we have for sharing and presenting information, and no one will be exactly like another, nor the particular information they present.

We're not going to fight.

Brother MANASIAC, if you don't want to post in this forum any longer, that's fine.

Brother anAfrican, if you don't want to share your information anymore, that's fine too.

Brother anAfrican, regardless of what you decide to do, i appreciate you suggesting this forum, and spending so much of your time dedicated to it ... thank you!

I'm closing this thread.

:heart:

Destee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.