Black Sports : fans attack Artest at Detroit game

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by jamesfrmphilly, Nov 19, 2004.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
  2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it was ugly and deep J. O'Neal had beer toss on him and he went after that fan
    it was crazy surely the league going to lay out some heavy fines Ben Wallace
    made the first contact after a hard foul by Ron Artest ..........sad day in basketball
    they need to lace up some gloves and hit a ring

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    you can bet the guy on the court in the white jersey will file a law sute on
    all three who hit him Artest , O'Neal and the guy in the brown two piece
    Artest when in the crowd after the wrong guy chairs tossing it will be some
    big fines and i really think Ben Wallace started it all Detroit Fans out of hand

do you think these few guys will get paid from the NBA players ???

4. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Dang...what a shame.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    First the Source Awards and now this, November must be "black folk act a fool month"!! J O'neal & Ron Artest better be ready to dig deep into their wallets over this one! I don't care what a fan says to you or throws at you, an NBA player has too much to lose by going after them (the police would have arrested the guy anyway). That being said, the "fan" who threw the cup & later punched Artest needs to be charged with assault & held accountable for starting that riot! While I don't agree with what Artest did, he was definately provoked!

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Are we playing Basketball?

This was sad, disgusting and disheartening to watch. I understand the players stand as far as defending themselves but come on Professional Basketball Players must show more restraint then that. A general rule I use to help me keep level headed in potentially heated situations is "if ain't worth dying for it ain't worth fighting for". So sure the fan that throw a cup of drink at Ron Artest should be dealt with severely but I don't think Ron Artest should have taking matter into his own hands. Ultimately the cup of drink did not injure Ron Artest so basically he acted upon the principal of it. I believe he should have involved security and law enforcement first then later appealed to the commishoner to increase safety for players from fanatically fans. It was also a stupid move for him to go into the stands after a fan because what if the fans ganged up the player or players fighting in the stands? He and Steven Jackson could have taken a serious beat down and sustained serious injuries if not death. Bottomline is this is a sad day in NBA history that will result in the suffering of the true and genuine fans such as youth. People have to think before they act or react.

:bball:

Peace

Radical Faith

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    there was a fan attack on Karl Malone in the playoffs.
    same stadium, same fans.

given a prior history of fans, white, attacking players, black, in that stadium, why did the Detroit franchise fail to provide security that would have kept the situation from happening?

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
  9. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Fans will always protest. They (basketball) players are supposed to be proffesional..not act out of control like wild animals.... I didn't see the fight..dont want to see it. BECAUSE THIS IS STUPID. I am so tired of these stupid people out here. Then we wonder why we can't get anywhere in life..its because of stupid out of control,...ooh i wish i could curse on this board..dont make no sense.. Then it gets repeated over and over again...we glamourize stupidity too much !!!! :skillet:

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    nisa i think u need 2 watch the video instead of going off the medias biased pov!
    again if some one threw a beer in your face what would u do? turn the other cheek? or confront that person who assaulted u? every punch i saw thrown was in defense. who r the animals the black players or the yt boys who started the fight? :welldone:

like i said tennis player stephie graf was stabbed by a fan who ran on the court once. fans should never be on the court if they r they deserve to get punched out, especially when theyre taking a menacing attack postion towards the players like those fans were!
    by the way oneal, and artest are multi millionaires theyve have got pretty far if u ask me....

the fight was prevoked