Black Relationships : family vs your significant other

thaREDDizbak

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 27, 2008
i was thinking about this the other day because someone mentioned the disney cartoon the little mermaid. im sure you are all familiar with the story line. ariel (the main character) decides to leave her family under the sea to be with her man on the land.

if you had to choose between leaving your family (possibly forever) to be with your significant other, or stay with your family and lose him/her forever, what would you decide? have you ever had to make that choice?

you can answer the questions directly, or any variation of the questions that may make sense or are relevant to you.

im just curious to get everyone\'s opinion on this

i was thinking about this the other day because someone mentioned the disney cartoon the little mermaid. im sure you are all familiar with the story line. ariel (the main character) decides to leave her family under the sea to be with her man on the land.

if you had to choose between leaving your family (possibly forever) to be with your significant other, or stay with your family and lose him/her forever, what would you decide? have you ever had to make that choice?

you can answer the questions directly, or any variation of the questions that may make sense or are relevant to you.

im just curious to get everyone\'s opinion on this

IF YOU ARE MARRIED YOUR SPOUSE,AFTER GOD, IS SUPPOSED TO COME BEFORE ANYTHING OR ANYONE , INCLUDING MOMMY AND DADDY. THIS IS IMPORTANT IN ORDER TO KEEP THE MARITAL BOND STRONG .

IF YOUR FAMILY REALLY LOVES YOU THEY WOULD NOT MAKE YOU CHOOSE, BUT IF YOU ARE FORCED TO MAKE A CHOICE ALWAYS CHOOSE YOUR WIFE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A COMMITMENT TO KEEP REGARDING HER.

IN THE BIBLE IT SAYS THAT " A MAN WILL LEAVE HIS MOTHER AND FATHER AND BE UNITED TO HIS WIFE AND THEY WILL BECOME ONE FLESH' (GENESIS 2:24)

IF SOMETHING OR SOMEONE HAS PRIORITY OVER YOUR SPOUSE --THE MARRIAGE WILL NOT LAST.

I would choose none

really I see it as a power trip between my fam and my significant...

my relationship with my family stands on it's own

as does any othe relationship i've defined for myself

each is what it is and has nothing to do with the other...

them tryin to make me choose .... is stress that I don't need...

whatever the relationship if it is counterproductive to my purpose it must go...

there comes a time when no matter what u gotta choose a side...

without regard for emotions... emotions effect ur behavior.......

i choose me... if something ain't part of the solution it's part of the problem.. and it gotta go... no matter what u feel or what u been told u must feel...

i am not a possession to be possessed...

the interatction is for a reason and once i complete it it is only up to me to determine what is next......

i don't do drama ... it was forced on me...

people should do what is healthy for their soul ..... it has a domino effect ....

the thing about family is blood is thicker then water... and people really beleive that knowing full well they family is a compilation of the devil himself.......

I don't need a family to complete me... all i need is the all encompassing compassion and love that i can't even give u a word for...

do u... because that who u owe the most to..................

IF YOU ARE MARRIED YOUR SPOUSE,AFTER GOD, IS SUPPOSED TO COME BEFORE ANYTHING OR ANYONE , INCLUDING MOMMY AND DADDY. THIS IS IMPORTANT IN ORDER TO KEEP THE MARITAL BOND STRONG .

IF YOUR FAMILY REALLY LOVES YOU THEY WOULD NOT MAKE YOU CHOOSE, BUT IF YOU ARE FORCED TO MAKE A CHOICE ALWAYS CHOOSE YOUR WIFE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A COMMITMENT TO KEEP REGARDING HER.

IN THE BIBLE IT SAYS THAT \" A MAN WILL LEAVE HIS MOTHER AND FATHER AND BE UNITED TO HIS WIFE AND THEY WILL BECOME ONE FLESH\' (GENESIS 2:24)

IF SOMETHING OR SOMEONE HAS PRIORITY OVER YOUR SPOUSE --THE MARRIAGE WILL NOT LAST.

what if you\'re not married, you\'re just dating or in a long-term relationship?

really I see it as a power trip between my fam and my significant...

my relationship with my family stands on it\\\'s own

as does any othe relationship i\\\'ve defined for myself

each is what it is and has nothing to do with the other...

them tryin to make me choose .... is stress that I don\\\'t need...

whatever the relationship if it is counterproductive to my purpose it must go...

there comes a time when no matter what u gotta choose a side...

without regard for emotions... emotions effect ur behavior.......

i choose me... if something ain\\\'t part of the solution it\\\'s part of the problem.. and it gotta go... no matter what u feel or what u been told u must feel...

i am not a possession to be possessed...

the interatction is for a reason and once i complete it it is only up to me to determine what is next......

i don\\\'t do drama ... it was forced on me...

people should do what is healthy for their soul ..... it has a domino effect ....

the thing about family is blood is thicker then water... and people really beleive that knowing full well they family is a compilation of the devil himself.......

I don\\\'t need a family to complete me... all i need is the all encompassing compassion and love that i can\\\'t even give u a word for...

do u... because that who u owe the most to..................

i agree with you wholeheartedly

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back