Black Positive People : Family living in public housing makes half a million a year, and HUD's OK with that

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Saving Money,

They will be closing that loop-hole real soon ...

Family living in public housing makes half a million a year, and HUD's OK with that

... In the New York case, the New York Housing Authority told the inspector general that it didn't evict the family earning $497,911 from its three-bedroom unit "because its policy does not require it to terminate the tenancy or evict families solely because they are overincome. The Authority believes that allowing overincome families to reside in public housing is beneficial because it shows that participation in the public housing program can help families achieve a more stable life and the average rent paid by overincome families is greater than that paid by other low income families." ...

4686bf00-45d3-11e5-89c6-7fe29650d263_GettyImages-473996890.jpg

A public housing complex in New York City. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/space...a-year--and-hud-s-ok-with-that-180054498.html

When you say you don't understand the reasoning behind this, are you referring to the tenants, or HUD's failure to evict overincome tenants, or both?

Maybe I don't understand HUD. I thought HUD was based on a precentage of your income. If they are banking like that are they being charged based on their income? I wouldn't say put them out but I would think they would be paying a healthy rent if it's based off their income. Maybe that is not how HUD works but I thought that is how it worked.

Maybe I don't understand HUD. I thought HUD was based on a precentage of your income. If they are banking like that are they being charged based on their income? I wouldn't say put them out but I would think they would be paying a healthy rent if it's based off their income. Maybe that is not how HUD works but I thought that is how it worked.

I see.

They are paying a higher rate. I could only post a snippet of the link, if you click this:

https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/space...a-year--and-hud-s-ok-with-that-180054498.html

... It gives more details and graphs.

But I did underscore this portion below in red in the post, which explains HUD's dilemma:

"because its policy does not require it to terminate the tenancy or evict families solely because they are overincome.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back