Black People : FAMILY AFFAIR

ibrahim

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2005
Ghana, West Africa
Occupation
Student
I recently went to visit my parents and something happened.

My aunt ( daddys big sis) has been living with my dad and mum for well over 8 years. Her husband died when i was 10 and her in-laws wouldn't allow her to live with them so my dad asked her to come live with him.
My mum didnt llike the idea but there was nothing she could since nobody would take her in except my dad. Two years after her stay, she and my mum began to have problems and none of us the kids knew this.

So what happened was, i went home to meet my mum and aunt exchanging words. The reason is, my aunt told my mum's househelp that she shouldnt light fire anywhere near her door and even though my aunt has her own space in the kitchen she prefers to cook in her room. So my mom wouldnt understand why she would light fire in her room but wouldnt allow others to light fire near her door, so they start exchanging words and i hear my aunt say "i know you dont like me, you witch. You want me to leave this house" and my mum is like " you didnt just call me a witch did you" so the start fighting and my dad walks in and together we try to seperate them but they wouldnt listen, so my dad hit my mum three times and says " Rukaya, ,i dont like this kind of behaviour" i was shocked, i had never seen my mum fight or angry and i had never seen my dad hit my mum, never in my life. so i pull her away into her room ( all this while, my mum is shouting at my dad and asking, "so you chose your sister over me and my kids?) and went back to confron my dad as to why she hit my mum. I couldnt believe someone who had taught me never to fight, argue or hit a woman would actually do that.
So i ask him why and he says " i hit her because she was fighting and put up a bad behaviour not because she was fighting my sister" and he walks up to his sister and says, "i have been quite for over 10 years now, but you shall leave my house today. I let you stay here because no one else would take you in, but i did cos you are my big sis, but for you to try to take the peace and disrupt my family is going beyond your limits" and throws her out.
And my mum comes out, goes down on her knees and pleads with my dad to forgive her for fighting and shouting at him.

Phew, long story, but i needed to get it out.

wow..
Arent you glad you live at school?:spin:
Im sure its been a long hard and stressful time for your parents... which is why both of them were eratic.
Its true you should never hit a woman..
ever..
its funny..
because youd never find a woman in america begging and kissing at a mans foot that hit.. or hurt her..
But those are the cultrual differences...
but i ask..
is this customary when a woman is a widow? Is she not to marry again..
who is supposed to take her in technically?

ibrahim said:
I recently went to visit my parents and something happened.

My aunt ( daddys big sis) has been living with my dad and mum for well over 8 years. Her husband died when i was 10 and her in-laws wouldn't allow her to live with them so my dad asked her to come live with him.
My mum didnt llike the idea but there was nothing she could since nobody would take her in except my dad. Two years after her stay, she and my mum began to have problems and none of us the kids knew this.

So what happened was, i went home to meet my mum and aunt exchanging words. The reason is, my aunt told my mum's househelp that she shouldnt light fire anywhere near her door and even though my aunt has her own space in the kitchen she prefers to cook in her room. So my mom wouldnt understand why she would light fire in her room but wouldnt allow others to light fire near her door, so they start exchanging words and i hear my aunt say "i know you dont like me, you witch. You want me to leave this house" and my mum is like " you didnt just call me a witch did you" so the start fighting and my dad walks in and together we try to seperate them but they wouldnt listen, so my dad hit my mum three times and says " Rukaya, ,i dont like this kind of behaviour" i was shocked, i had never seen my mum fight or angry and i had never seen my dad hit my mum, never in my life. so i pull her away into her room ( all this while, my mum is shouting at my dad and asking, "so you chose your sister over me and my kids?) and went back to confron my dad as to why she hit my mum. I couldnt believe someone who had taught me never to fight, argue or hit a woman would actually do that.
So i ask him why and he says " i hit her because she was fighting and put up a bad behaviour not because she was fighting my sister" and he walks up to his sister and says, "i have been quite for over 10 years now, but you shall leave my house today. I let you stay here because no one else would take you in, but i did cos you are my big sis, but for you to try to take the peace and disrupt my family is going beyond your limits" and throws her out.
And my mum comes out, goes down on her knees and pleads with my dad to forgive her for fighting and shouting at him.

Phew, long story, but i needed to get it out.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back